The retail giant alleges that the design “is likely to cause confusion, mistake and deception” which could result in consumers wrongly associating the Yeezy brand with Walmart.
A trademark application for the new Yeezy logo, made up of eight dotted lines, was filed in January 2020. The rapper’s company says their logo was inspired by “rays of the sun.”
YOU BE THE JUDGE: COMPARE BOTH LOGOS HERE
The Walmart logo, made up of six rays in a circle “to resemble a spark,” was approved by the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 2008.
Kanye’s team has yet to publicly address the situation. Walmart, however, said they wrote West’s company in July 2020, August 2020, January 2021 and February 2021.
“Walmart has repeatedly sought to understand Yeezy’s planned use of the Yeezy Application, with the goal of finding ways in which the Walmart Spark Design and the Yeezy Application can co-exist with one another,” the letter said. “However, to date, we have not received any conclusive information from Yeezy regarding the planned use or any cooperation from Yeezy in order to find common ground.”
- Vanessa Bryant And The Girls Visit Kobe Bryant’s Basketball Hall of Fame Exhibit
- Did This Novel About A Black Boy Shot By Police Deserve To Be Pulled From Florida Classrooms?
- Oprah Winfrey And Sterling K. Brown Partner For OWN Network TV Special In Honor Of Black Fathers
- Jaden Smith Enters The Hospitality Biz With New Restaurant Offering The Homeless Free Vegan Meals
- Charles Jenkins Receives His Doctorate of Divinity [VIDEO]
- Gayle King And ViacomCBS Announce Million-Dollar HBCU Scholarship To Elevate Black Journalism
- Kerby Jean-Raymond Set To Make Historic Debut At Paris Haute Couture As First Black American Designer
- ‘Roots’ Actor LeVar Burton Is Curating A Book Club Via Social Reading App Fable
- Black Ink Crew Chicago Star Don Hospitalized With “Serious Heart Issues”
- Stacey Abrams Novel ‘While Justice Sleeps’ Will Get A Television Adaptation
Kanye Demands Apology From Drake and J. Cole in Latest Twitter Rant
1.1 of 7
2.2 of 7
3.3 of 7
4.4 of 7
5.5 of 7
6.6 of 7
7.7 of 7
Walmart Vs Kanye? Retail Giant Files Complaint Over New Yeezy Logo was originally published on zhiphopcleveland.com