(Photo by Jonathan Short/Invision/AP)
NEW YORK (AP) — Drake officially owns the Billboard charts, where seven of his songs currently sit in the Top 10.
All 25 tracks from Drake’s ultra-popular “Scorpion” album, released on June 29, are on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
His former No. 1 hit, “Nice for What,” returns to the top of the chart, while “Nonstop” debuts at No. 2. Drake’s other songs in the Top 10 are “God’s Plan,” ”In My Feelings,” ”I’m Upset,” ”Emotionless” and “Don’t Matter to Me,” which includes previously recorded vocals from Michael Jackson.
Drake’s new feat breaks the Beatles’ 1964 record, when five of their songs reached the Top 10 in the same week.
Overall, Drake has 31 Top 10 hits, tied with Rihanna. They only trail behind The Beatles (34) and Madonna (38).
“Scorpion” sold 732,171 equivalent albums — based off album sales and streams — to debut at No. 1 on Billboard’s 200 albums chart. The album earned a record-setting 745.9 million on-demand audio streams and is his eighth No. 1 album on the chart.
Since 2009 Drake has launched 186 songs on the Hot 100 chart. He is second to the cast of “Glee,” which has had 207 songs enter the chart.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
Favorite Celebrity Imports
22 photos Launch gallery
1. Amethyst Amelia Kelly, better known by her stage name Iggy Azalea, is an Australian recording artist from Mullumbimby, New South Wales.
1 of 22
2. Rita Sahatçiu Ora is a British singer, songwriter and actress. Her debut studio album, Ora, debuted at number one in the United Kingdom.
2 of 22
3. Sam Smith was born in London, England and an alumnus of Youth Music Theatre UK and starred in their 2007 production of "Oh! Carol".
3 of 22
4. Boris Kodjoe is an Austrian-born German actor and former fashion model who works primarily in the States. YAY! (PR)
4 of 22
5. Singer & Actor Rihanna was born in a parish in Barbados called St. Michael. (Photos: PR)
5 of 22
6. Actor Idris Elba was born in England has found fame on both sides of the pond. (Photos: PR)
6 of 22
7. Singer Melanie Fiona is from Toronto, Canada.
7 of 22
8. Actor turned rapper, Aubrey Drake Graham was born in Toronto, Ontario. (Photos: PR)
8 of 22
9. Terri Seymour was born in England and is the American Idol correspondent for FOX 11 in LA. (PR Photos)
9 of 22
10. Actor Chiwetel Ejiofor was born in London to Nigerian parents and started acting on stage as a teenager. (Photos: PR)
10 of 22
11. Actor Wentworth Miller was born in England and is the lean, hunky star of TV's Prison Break. (Photos: PR)
11 of 22
12. London born Estelle is an English Grammy Award winning R&B singer & songwriter, rapper and record producer. (Photos: PR)
12 of 22
13. Downtown Julie Brown, born in Great Britain is an actress and former MTV VJ. She currently resides in LA. (PR Photos)
13 of 22
14. Wyclef was born in Haiti.
14 of 22
15. Naomi Campbell is a British model and was one of six models of her generation declared "supermodels" by the fashion world.
15 of 22
16. Tamia was born in Windsor, Ontario.
16 of 22
17. Taio Cruz is an English singer-songwriter, record producer, occasional rapper, and entrepreneur. (PR Photos)
17 of 22
18. Actress Thandie Newton is a British actress who has found fame on both sides of the pond. (Photos: PR)
18 of 22
19. Award winning actor and theatre director Delroy Lindo has also found fame on both sides of the pond. (PR Photos)
19 of 22
20. Supermodel Iman was born in Somalia, attended University of Nairobi where a photographer discovered her. (PR Photos)
20 of 22
21. Djimon Hounsou is a Beninese actor and model and has been nominated for two Academy Awards. (PR Photos)
21 of 22
22. Naomie Melanie Harris is an screen actress in both England and the United States. (Photo: AP)
22 of 22