The strange disappearance of CDC employee Timothy Cunningham continues to wear on his family and friends who are no closer to finding an answer.  The Morehouse graduate, who was highly regarded at the Center For Disease Control vanished after leaving work on February 12, saying he was ill. He apparently never made it home.

When his parents, who drove from Maryland to his Atlanta home two days later got there, they found his keys, dog, phone and wallet, but no sign of him.  Our own Shaun King, who attended Morehouse with Cunningham, used his vast network to try to find some answers. But since then, there’s been nothing. No news, no answers.

The middle of the Cunningham’s three children, Timothy did provide a clue 24 hours before his disappearance. According to Fox 8 Cleveland, his parents say that he sent a disturbing text. They have not shared what was said in the text with the public.

“We’ve shared that with the detectives, and we’ve kept that as a private matter,” his father, retired Air Force colonel Terrell Cunningham, who also worked for the FDA for decades, says that he knew something wasn’t right.

“As a parent, you have indicators when things are just not right with your child, and that was the case,” he said.

The Cunninghams are notified when bodies that may fit the description of their son are found. So far, there have been four false alarms.

“It takes you to a place that the light is not shining in,” Terrell Cunningham said. “I won’t call it a dark place, but they are lows. This is extremely hard.”

Cunningham is a respected epidemiologist with the CDC and has worked on viruses like Ebola and Zika. The Cunninghams have refuted online conspiracy theorists that have speculated that their son was involved in or knew of something through his work that might have made him a target.

Despite early media  interest in the case, as it usually happens, the media moves on. What that means for the Cunninghams is that as time goes on, the interest and therefore the resources given to their case, wanes. Since March 13, there has not been a single searchable story about Cunningham, but he’s still missing.

If you can help, please call 911 or the Atlanta Police Department at 404-546-4235.

PHOTO: Public Domain

READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:

GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

11 thoughts on “Timothy Cunningham Is Still Missing – Can You Help?

1. I read another article that said a week before his disappearance he did not get the promotion he wanted. The day of his disappearance he spoke to his supervisor about this then left work early. Why are people scared to say he might’ve commited suicide or does not want to b found. All the signs are there . He also told his neighbor to delete his number from their phone.

2. African American Woman on said:

Man, this story continues to bother me and I can’t imagine how his family must feel. It doesn’t look good, but I’m keeping faith.

• Janice Scarbrough on said:

Every day I check to see if there’s any news on Dr. Cunningham’s disappearance. My heart goes out to his family because they are worried sick, literally. I cannot imagine if something like that happened to my daughter. I am a white woman, 60 years old, and my only child, a daughter, is 24. The not-knowing if Dr. Cunningham is alive or dead must be a waking nightmare for his loved ones. We should all pray that he will somehow be found alive and well.

3. Mac Whoever, if the reporting is so crappy…why do you continue to read it day in and day out and provide your crappy responses?

4. specialt757 on said:

Gosh, people just don’t disappear into thin air, someone knows or have seen something, some small clue (they may see as insignificant), that may help in his disappearance. It’s not looking good he would be found alive. People who have dogs, love their dogs and wouldn’t dream of leaving them unattended for a long period of time, so when he left, it probably wasn’t by his own will. The detectives and I suspect his parents know this also.

5. Leslie on said:

Again—please, please, please do better with these stories! If he’d “…never made it home”, how in the world could his keys, wallet and phone have been found there? This is the first story that I’ve seen speculate that he never even arrived home after leaving work…

6. leadjustone on said:

I feel bad for the family, but if they are not willing to release information about the “disturbing text”, why mention it a public forum at all?

• Leslie on said:

They shared the details of the text with detectives, and I assume that they (the detectives) didn’t deem the info to be pertinent in regards to the public’s search for him…

• leadjustone on said:

Yes, you’re probably right re the detective’s decision about the text. That’s my point. If it’s not something they intend to speak about publicly, it shouldn’t be mentioned in the article. Almost seems like a “tease”. I hope they find this man, but I think specialt757 is right. It doesn’t seem likely that he will be found alive.