Despite Oprah Winfrey being one of the most famous and successful people in the world, even she doesn’t know just how deep her accomplishments go. She had to discover a few of them online.
Recently, the talk show icon told British Vogue’s editor-in-chief, Edward Enninful, that she had no idea she was the first self-made African-American billionaire until she Googled it. (She was labeled a billionaire back in 2003.)
“This is what I didn’t know,” she explained. “That I was the first African-American self-made billionaire. Did not know that.”
She also learned that she’s given more money to charity in the 21st century more than any other African-American.
“I said ‘this is really good,’” she said about seeing that tidbit.
Watch this interview of her below:
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
- First Black-Owned Bottled Water Company To Be Sold In Walmart!
- T.I. Facing Charges In Run-In With Gated Community Security Guard
- 10 Black Wash. U Students Accused Of Dining And Dashing
GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:
Oprah! Here Are 20 of Our Favorite "O" Moments
1. A look back at some of the most memorable interviews from the queen of media, Oprah Winfrey.1 of 20
2. Oprah conducted the show's first interview with a sitting president and 1st lady2 of 20
3. In 2009, Whitney Houston talked with Oprah about her struggles with drugs.3 of 20
4. In Jay-Z's 2009 appearance on the show, they debated the use of the n-word.4 of 20
5. In the most watched interview in TV history, in 1993, with Michael Jackson.5 of 20
6. Dave Chappelle talked about why he walked away from 50M.6 of 20
7. Magic Johnson was a guest on Oprah 15 years after being diagnosed with HIV.7 of 20
8. Will Smith graced The Oprah Winfrey Show 15 times before her final season.8 of 20
9. "Mentor-mother-sister-friend," Maya Angelou came on the show.9 of 20
10. Oprah considers Nelson Mandela's visit to be a great honor.10 of 20
11. Tiger Woods coined the term 'Cablinasian' to describe his mixed heritage.11 of 20
12. Terry McMillan and her ex Jonathan Plummer discussed the end of their marriage.12 of 20
13. Tina Turner came of the show numerous times. Another of Oprah's favs.13 of 20
14. In 1996 Oprah spoke with the Little Rock Nine about Central High in Arkansas.14 of 20
15. Halle Berry was a guest on Oprah over 20 times.15 of 20
16. Denzel Washington is one of Oprah's favorite guests.16 of 20
17. Tyler Perry revealed the abuse and molestation he suffered as a child.17 of 20
18. Patti LaBelle was on the Oprah show over 20 times since her first visit in 1991.18 of 20
19. Mike Tyson was a guest on the show and talked about the death of his daughter.19 of 20
20. Michael Jordan talked to Oprah about finally retiring from NBA.20 of 20
Oprah Googled Herself And Here’s What She Found Out was originally published on hellobeautiful.com