A former patient on TLC’s “My 600-lb Life” is defending her decision to quit the show —  while also sharing her GoFundMe page.

It seems Schenee Murry Hopkins wasn’t ready to overcome her struggles with obesity through diet, exercise, and weight loss surgery from renowned bariatric surgeon Dr. Nowzaradan. Schenee was the subject of an April 4 episode, and she explained that she started gaining weight after being molested by a cousin when she was five-years-old.

“All I remember is my mom took me to the doctor because I couldn’t use the bathroom,” she said of the aftermath of that abuse. “It was hurting really bad, and that’s when she found out. Inside, I feel terrible. But I just hid all my feelings. I started sneaking food right after that incident. Food made me feel better. It made me feel happy.”

Two years later, Schenee was 130 pounds. “When I was in elementary [school], my teacher threw away my lunch because I was too fat,” she recalled. “It felt very humiliating and that made me wanna eat more.”

As InTouch reported, by the time she was 11, she was 160 pounds, and by the time she was 15, she’d reached 200 pounds. She also developed flesh-eating bacteria on her legs and underwent emergency surgery, after which she was relegated to bed rest for a year. Then, during her early 20s, she was raped, and that attack made her eat even more.

Schenee would eventually find happiness when she married Freddie.

“I don’t mind helping my wife at all,” he told TLC. “I do it with love.”

But it wasn’t quite a happily ever after ending, as Schenee suffered two miscarriages and developed lymphedema in her legs.

“I feel like I’m drowning in my fat,” she said on the show. “It suffocates me, and I’m very miserable.”

Schenee sought the help of Dr. Nowzaradan and agreed to lose weight in anticipation of surgery. But she missed follow-ups with the doctor, skipped psychotherapy appointments, and reached 712 pounds.

After those setbacks, Dr. Nowzaradan put her on a controlled diet at the hospital, and she dropped down to 621 pounds.

But after that hospital stay, Schenee gained some of that weight back and clashed with Dr. Nowzaradan on multiple occasions. After eight months on the show, she stopped participating in the filming and blocked Dr. Nowzaradan’s phone number.

“She made a choice to reject all the help offered to her and do this all on her own now,” he told TLC.

Just days after her episode aired, Schenee clapped back at her critics on social media and it seems like she has no regrets about dropping out of Dr. Now’s weight loss program.

“What’s good y’all. I’m still in Houston. I don’t know what everybody’s going crazy for but let me tell you this — I don’t [fall] for no man but God. And no, I didn’t eat the pizza,” she said in a now deleted NSFW Facebook video, while her husband told the cameras that he was the one who ate the pizza.

“Oh, and I’m always going to be beautiful. I hope everyone is watching this, yes. Big, beautiful, and bold. I don’t [fall] for no man.”

Shortly after Schenee took to Facebook to set the record straight about #pizzagate, she shared a link to her GoFundMe page to try to raise money for herself.

“I’m raising this money for a great cause. I was dragged to Houston, TX to get humiliated on national TV [and] I have been struggling every [sic] since for everything. I have a lot of hopes [and] dreams [and] one is to get better. I don’t only have weight problems, I have other health problems that’s just overlooked. So I’m team Schenee with a great husband God has blessed us this far.”

As of publication, Schenee raised $75 of her $50,000 goal.

PHOTOS: Facebook, TLC

READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:

GET THE HOTTEST STORIES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX:

Find Out What Your Favorite Celebs Did On Instagram (09/01-09/07)

32 thoughts on “Former Patient On ‘My 600-Lb Life” Defends Decision To Quit Show

1. She’s a liar & now a thief, abusing GoFundMe for…what exactly? She never really says. Rent? Gas money? FOOD money, perhaps?

Some of the people on this show are beyond help. They enjoy being waited on hand & foot like some sort of prince/princess…having their a$$es wiped for them & eating a ton of junk every day. Never having to exercise or do real work. Most are on SSI/Disability & receive other benefits for these conditions they’ve brought on themselves. They are addicted to the attention & playing the victim as much as the food. And several of them talk like they’re intellectually disabled. You’d HAVE to have a low IQ to think we’re going to believe that you didn’t eat the junk food from the wrappers in your hospital room when you’re gaining weight.

Schenee has no reason to change. She got to sit in the car while her man did all the moving, packing, grocery shopping & other work. He cleans her nasty body & acts as her slave, practically. She’s gonna have to lose all that enabling before she decides to change. (If ever). Someone should report them to GoFundMe for abuse.

2. Tamara on said:

I’ve watched that episode and I feel bad for her, it’s obviously she doesn’t want to lose weight. I used to be overweight I lost 200 pounds you must have the WILL to want to lose the weight and she doesn’t.

3. jwarren23@cinci.rr.com on said:

It was hilarious when her husband said Dr Now was not used to intelligent people like her. Is that guy nuts? To perceive her as smart in any way is absurd. The doctor is compassionate and professional, but he has lots of other patients who would like his help.

4. She was taking up time and resources being on that show when there are likely hundred of others out there struggling with morbid obesity who would have leapt at the chance to turn their lives around, not thumb their noses at those trying to help. You can lead a pig to donuts…. Her treatment of her husband was deplorable and her attitude toward Dr. Nowzaradan was shameful. He has the patience of a saint; he should have kicked her to the curb long before she quit the show. And I agree about the poor dog in the crate.

5. She made excuses for everything!!! I hope no one gives her any money!!! She is in denial! Saying his plan did t work for her? Lol! She obviously didnt follow any plan. She thinks she does t need a counselor and she can do it on her own??? Ha!!!

6. T holmes on said:

Take that poor dog out of that cage outside on your porch! You might lose some weight if you walk the poor thing. You are pathetic! Don’t get me wrong I was fat. I changed my diet because I became type 2, had to to live.

7. D.J. on said:

God will show her the way. To the pearly gates of heaven within a couple more years. But, last time I checked, Satan was not allowed into heaven because she lied constantly and lying is one of Satan’s most unadmirable personality trait. So, God showed you to eat pizza, chips, biscuits, and fast food. Last time I checked, every fast food restaurant has a grilled chicken salad option and you can throw out the croutons and choose balsamic oil/vinagerette. Diuretic. A pill to remove excess water. So, if she was taking beyond the recommended dosage…. ah, never mind. I’m done with this comment as she was done with Dr. Now, as with Dr. Now is done with her. Nice Go Fund Me page. Real nice. The only saving grace you have was your Mother and had she stayed with you in Houston would’ve whopped your ass!

8. Fckn millennials on said:

I wonder which college she attended… who in the flyin f*** would give her a degree.. that’s just irresponsible.. empowering morons.. smh.. when will we stop doing this? That fat tard couldn’t piece together a clear, coherent thought the entire episode.. Schenee if you’re reading this, don’t listen to the people that are telling you that you’re beautiful, strong, smart, etc.. because you are none of those words.. and by believing it you’re diluting the meaning for the people who actually are. Please drop the pizza, wipe off those greasy mittens you call hands, butter the trunk of that minivan and squeeze your big rump inside.. Then have your poor, stupid husband drop your big a** off a bridge.. And to anybody who would consider giving money to this useless 712 lbs of stupid, you’re just a dumb as she is.. RIP fatty won’t be long

9. Michelle on said:

Just watched the show. What an ungrateful ass she is. The way she treats her husband like dirt. The man should leave her and get a life with someone who will take care of him for a change. He does EVERYTHING for her and she has the nerve to say he does nothing?

DO NOT GIVE THIS WOMAN A RED CENT. SHE REFUSES TO EAT RIGHT. The surgery and money would be a waste. She would bust the stitches in a week trying to shove a burger and pizza into a pouch the size of a golf ball. I also don’t believe she would even spend the money on surgery, but groceries for a month.

10. Well she will wake up when she has a crisis ! Then she will plead to Dr. Now to help her and the kind person he is will do it… Unless it’s too late. She’s not even a nice person she needs to humble herself. Asking the doctor does he believe in God. If she was a good person she’d know God works through the doctor to help her ungrateful self.

11. I totally agree with everything you!!. I to watch that episode and yes she was very rude to that doctor and she does not deserve anything I hope nobody gives her another red Cent…..
    she needs to stop using so many excuses and care about her life and stop blaming other people.

12. I wish I just sit and talk to her she needs a friend most of us don’t have friends like when we need someone to be by our side. May be she was rude to the doctor but being overweight is no joke no matter how big or little you are. Pray for her!! I feel for her and her aggression.

• She was also beyond rude to the one person who was washing her ass, scrubbing her feet, cooking for her and lying for her. Being morbidly obese is no joke. Neither is being, verbally and emotionally abusive to someone who has given up everything to take care of you.

13. This woman is clueless. Your pretty face is not going to make you healthy. You need to recognize and stop using what happened to you in the past as an excuse to eat. Your husband only puts up with you because you put up with him. I feel sorry for you. Go fund me is for people who truly need help. Not for beggars. What do you need it for, to buy more food. Sad.

14. Shelly58 on said:

I watched the episode, and I wouldn’t give one dime towards anything she wants. She had the chance and blew it herself.I hope she gets the help,but don’t ask us to pay for something you could have already had.

15. She has a death wish. No one will be able to help her until she realizes that she needs the help. Her husband is an enabler and probably just wants peace, which he wont get if he doesn’t give into her demands. Until she realizes that the problem is “her”, she’ll never get better. Forget the GoFundMe! They’ll probably need to do one to bury her.

16. She needs to swallow her pride, stop enabling her enablers and get back on the program. Other patients have returned and achieved success. She’s young and has a fantastic opportunity to get all the help she needs – surgical intervention, nutritional counseling, mental health therapy and physical therapy. Just beg pardon and go back Schenee.

17. Passing Through!! on said:

At the beginning of the show she had a plate of eggs, sausages and a chicken biscuit but lies that she’s not eating that much, and she treats her husband like s**t. She didn’t lose a single pound on this show, not one outside of the weight she lost while on a controlled diet in the hospital. Dr. Nowzaradan gave her more than enough chances. And what is the GoFundMe account for? Without proper treatment and medical care the money won’t help

• Chastity on said:

No one should give her a dime!! She was not dragged to TX. She agreed to go there and do the program. She went but did not uphold her end of the deal. So, if she has been struggling since she got there, that is her own fault. If she did raise the money, I doubt that she would even use it for the surgery. Nonetheless, I hope no one else gives her any money. She had a great opportunity with a great doctor, but was ungrateful and rude. There are a lot of people who would have loved that opportunity and would have taken advantage of it. She just did not want to be under Dr. Nowzaraden’s care because he was not buying her and her husband’s bs and knew they were lying about everything. When things were not going her way, she tried to bring God into the conversation by saying Dr. Now does not believe in God and that is why she does nkt want him caring for her. That was nothing but another one of her lies. She is just a pathetic individual.

18. Karen Kmiecik on said:

I’m sorry but this girl will die if she doesn’t lose weight. She has her head in the sand and such a shame at such a young age. If her husband really cared then he would try to convince her to stop the weight.

19. Chastity on said:

I saw this episode. Schenee was rude and disrespectful to Dr. Now. He was trying to help her and tell her things for her good, but she thought she knew more than he did. If she did, her body would not be in the mess that it is in now. She talked to her husband like a dog and he acted like he was scared of her. He lied for her because he knew she was eating that pizza with him. He took up for her when he knew she was wrong. He was just as pathetic as she was. I hate when the people on the show say they can do it on their own. If that was so, why are they in the predicament they are in. Girl, bye and if you do not stop being such a smart ass, people will be telling you goodbye permanently very soon. Get your life together while you still have one!!!!