A Florida woman was set on fire after a cell phone battery exploded at the gym.

The NY Daily News reports:

Jackie Marinas was working out at Planet Fitness, in Hialeah, Miami, when the Samsung Galaxy I-9300’s power supply blew up Tuesday night and covered her face and hair with lithium.

She furiously patted out the blaze that quickly spread across her hair, as other gym goers stomped out flames on the ground.

“I was going to get some water, I heard the boom,” Marinas told CBS Miami.

“I thought it was a firecracker. It sounded kind of loud but then I felt the heat in my arm. Somebody yelled your hair is on fire,” she added.

With no-one sure what had happened, gym members were evacuated and Miami-Dade’s Bomb Squad arrived to investigate.

“It was really scary with everything that’s happening. Yesterday being the one year anniversary of the Boston bombing it was a little bit freaky,” Marinas told the station.

An initial investigation suggests that the battery was a spare that fell from someone’s pocket during a workout and exploded.

Marinas was taken to hospital as a precaution, where she said doctors wanted to check she hadn’t ingested any of the chemicals.

Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.

(Photo Source: NY Daily News)

Also On Black America Web:

Add Your Comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

×
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,805 other followers