Taraji P. Henson can now add author to her list of accomplishments. Around The Way Girl is Henson’s newest project that details the life of the Academy Award nominated actress, chronicling her time in an abusive relationship and getting pregnant while still in college at Howard University.
She talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about why she decided to share her life story, her take on the Presidential debate and Hidden Figures, her new film in theaters in January.
“I felt like the story was needed. It wasn’t something that I said I was going to do. Once social media became very popular, I was able to talk to my fans. They would say ‘your story is so inspirational, you should write a book’. God gave me this cross to bear so I can share it,” Henson said.
On her new film Hidden Figures:
“I’m so excited. The temperament of the world at that time was very scary. Who knew these women were behind all these men getting to space.”
Around The Way Girl is available everywhere, October 11th. Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
They Did What?! Juicy Celebrity Tell-All Books
1. Bobby BrownSource:AP 1 of 16
2. Ja RuleSource:Instagram 2 of 16
3. Khloe KardashianSource:AP 3 of 16
4. Amber RoseSource:PR Photos 4 of 16
5. Toya WrightSource:Instsagram 5 of 16
6. Karrine SteffansSource:Karrine Instagram 6 of 16
7. Pilar SandersSource:Piilar Sanders Instagram 7 of 16
8. Tina Turner8 of 16
9. Bobby Brown9 of 16
10. Dr. Conrad Murray10 of 16
11. Robert Randolph (alleged affair with Travolta)11 of 16
12. Monica Lewinsky12 of 16
13. Kitty Kelly13 of 16
14. Janet Hubert14 of 16
15. Christina Crawford15 of 16
16. Wyclef Jean16 of 16
(Photo Source: Amanda Demme/FOX)