Back in July, the fatal shooting of Philando Castile during a traffic stop not only left many heartbroken and devastated, but it also left a wealth of unanswered questions as to what exactly happened to him based on the police officer’s explanation. Luckily the state of Minnesota feels they have enough evidence to go forward with the murder case, specifically with charges against the police officer who fired the fatal shot.
The Huffington Post has the details about the latest developments in the Castile murder investigation, including a thorough probe by Minnesota prosecutors who are currently deciding which charges will be filed against Officer Jeronimo Yanez, who was responsible for Castile’s death.
Via Huffington Post:
Minnesota on Wednesday handed over to prosecutors a probe into the fatal police shooting of a black motorist, officials said, as the county attorney weighed possible charges in a case that gained widespread attention through social media.
The state’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, a division of Minnesota’s public safety department, gave its findings into Castile’s death to the Ramsey County Attorney on Wednesday. The information is not public because of the ongoing investigation.
Ramsey County Attorney John Choi said in a statement that his office would conduct a review of the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension’s investigation “to determine what justice requires in this case.” Choi said in a public letter earlier this month that he was weighing possible charges against Officer Jeronimo Yanez, who killed Castile.
Since Castile’s death, Yanez has been on administrative leave, which is likely to continue if/when the case goes to trial.
Philando Castile Murder Case Going Forward, Charges Against Officer Likely was originally published on hellobeautiful.com