Cissy Houston has broken her silence about Bobbi Kristina‘s condition and how she’s handling it.

It’s been nearly two months since Bobbi slipped into a coma after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the end of January. Doctors at Emory University have tried their best to revive her in that time, but nothing they’ve done has gotten her to wake up.

Bobbi was taken to a rehab facility for long-term care last weekend, and WBLS was curious whether there had been any improvement in her condition. Sadly, Cissy reported that nothing has changed for Bobbi and the family’s confidence that she’ll recover is beginning to fade.

“She’s the same. We’ve moved her now to a place for rehabilitation,” Cissy told WBLS. “But you know, still not a great deal of hope. We’re praying.”

While Cissy has already done all the praying she’s going to do about Bobbi’s medical status, she won’t discourage others from praying for her granddaughter. As a matter of fact, she’s petitioning for more of them.

“I don’t pray like that. I give it to God one time because I know He’s able. And I cannot change a thing,” Cissy stated. “So I’m asking everybody, just pray to the Lord who we know can do something about it.”

When she heard that a WBLS dj had encouraged get listeners to send up some prayers for Bobbi, Cissy graciously said, “I know it and I feel every bit of it. I truly do.”

As hard as it may be to let go of Bobbi just three years after her own daughter Whitney Houston passed away, Cissy is emotionally preparing herself for that possibility.

“If He works a miracle, thank God,” said Cissy. “If it happens the other way, I’m alright.”

Cissy Houston Says There’s Not Much Hope For Bobbi Kristina’s Condition was originally published on hellobeautiful.com

24 thoughts on “Cissy Houston Says There’s Not Much Hope For Bobbi Kristina’s Condition

• I don’t know, with the way its worked out I was hoping they’d all spend a lot more time in tubs. If they survive it maybe they’ll at least smell a little better.

1. Angela Carmicle on said:

It’s all God’s Decision. ..Continued Love & Prayers to you Bobbie Kristina ♡ Continued Prayers for a Miracle of Life. I Believe For I Have Seen Miracle s of this kind…God Bless You Bobby Brown for not giving up hope and leaving it in God’s Hands.

2. queenb on said:

When this first happen, my thoughts were that Whitney has come to get her daughter – take her out of her misery and struggles. God makes no mistakes.

3. redbone1954 on said:

My heart is breaking for this family. This is an American tragedy. If her grandmother has said she will accept God’s will then that shows that if Bobbi has accepted God as her Lord and savior then she know where she is going and she can rest with that knowing that she will be OK grieving but ok. This is so sad on so many levels

4. Marcy on said:

I believe in God, but my way of praying is to give it all to God and not ask for any special consideration. I feel there is a reason for everything and true believers don’t question things. If no one is special in God’s eyes why do people say things like God always helps ME, God watches over ME and my family? Why does one person’s prayers get answered and another does not.
    Brown, Whitney and Grandma put this girl where she is today. Two drug addict parents and a grandma who never fought to get her out of their home because she would lose the money from her daughter if she did. They act so high and mighty and religious, it is sickening.

• RENO2AC on said:

Tim, please understand that it’s easy to say what you would or would not do when it is not you…when it’s not YOUR child. The decision was made by doctors to remove our three weeks old infant, who was born severely prematurely, off the ventilator. Even though I knew with no uncertainty that he was “gone,” my husband and the nurses had to practically hold me down. Even when you know the truth in your heart…in your SOUL, it is hard to let go, especially when it is your CHILD.

5. george on said:

its sad for sure, but if this wasn’t murder, then she never really appreciated her life anyway. God cant do anything but many time he lets us make our choice. he hasn’t healed me from my stroke either.

• pac4me on said:

George: How unfortunate for you that you haven’t seen God’s healing on your behalf. You apparently woke up this morning and was able to communicate your feelings so while you may still have some aftermath of your stroke, God delivered you from possible death – be thankful for all that God has done for you and you’re not the one to say Bobbi K never appreciated her life

6. Shirley McMllian on said:

OUR GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!! HE CAN HEAL AND HE WILL DELIVER. EMORY UNIVERSITY HAS THE STATE OF THE ART DOCTORS BECAUSE I KNOW. I WAS THERE FROM JANUARY 2014-MAY 2014 WITH MY MOTHER WITH PANCREATIC CANCER.THEY WILL DO WHATEVER NEEDS TO DE DONE, IF THE DOCTORS AT EMORY CAN’T DO IT THEN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE IT UP TO THE MAN UP ABOVE HE HAS THE ANSWER.

7. It will be up to God to make the judgment over Bobbi Kristina’s life…She made be talking to God about everything about her life and God will decide what is the right thing for her to live or leave the earth…

2 months a very long time to be in the coma and I believe that she should be let go and the family should move on to their own lives…

I do not pray to God, I sit and talk to Him, because I have a relationship with Him…This way, I have to think about what is going on around me and my family…