Cissy Houston has broken her silence about Bobbi Kristina‘s condition and how she’s handling it.
It’s been nearly two months since Bobbi slipped into a coma after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at the end of January. Doctors at Emory University have tried their best to revive her in that time, but nothing they’ve done has gotten her to wake up.
Bobbi was taken to a rehab facility for long-term care last weekend, and WBLS was curious whether there had been any improvement in her condition. Sadly, Cissy reported that nothing has changed for Bobbi and the family’s confidence that she’ll recover is beginning to fade.
“She’s the same. We’ve moved her now to a place for rehabilitation,” Cissy told WBLS. “But you know, still not a great deal of hope. We’re praying.”
While Cissy has already done all the praying she’s going to do about Bobbi’s medical status, she won’t discourage others from praying for her granddaughter. As a matter of fact, she’s petitioning for more of them.
“I don’t pray like that. I give it to God one time because I know He’s able. And I cannot change a thing,” Cissy stated. “So I’m asking everybody, just pray to the Lord who we know can do something about it.”
When she heard that a WBLS dj had encouraged get listeners to send up some prayers for Bobbi, Cissy graciously said, “I know it and I feel every bit of it. I truly do.”
As hard as it may be to let go of Bobbi just three years after her own daughter Whitney Houston passed away, Cissy is emotionally preparing herself for that possibility.
“If He works a miracle, thank God,” said Cissy. “If it happens the other way, I’m alright.”
Remembering Whitney: The Music Icon Through The Years
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy HoustonSource:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd 1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna 2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd. 3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine AuditoriumSource:david plastik / PR Photos 4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd. 5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna 6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK 7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994Source:Retna 8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990'sSource:Retna 9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990'sSource:PR Photos 10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990'sSource:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses 11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.Source:(PR) 12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998Source:© Retna Ltd. 13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd. 14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.Source:PR Photos 15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World PremiereSource:PR Photos 16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007Source:PR Photos 17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008Source:PR Photos 18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009Source:© Derek Storm/Retna 19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010Source:PR Photos 20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:Pr Photos 21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 23 of 23
Cissy Houston Says There’s Not Much Hope For Bobbi Kristina’s Condition was originally published on hellobeautiful.com