Whitney Houston’s daughter Bobbi Kristina will start receiving portions of her $20 million inheritance from her mother and family members of the late singer are worried.
Bobbi Kristina will receive 10 percent of her mother’s $20 million estate ($2 million) when she turns 21 on March 4, another 6 percent when she turns 25 and the remainder of Whitney’s estate on her 30th birthday.
The National Enquirer reports that Whitney’s family are afraid that Bobbi Kristina’s new husband, her “adoptive” brother Nick Gordon, rushed her to jump the broom in order to get a piece of her pending fortune. To make matters worse, sources claim that Bobbi Kris did not have a pre-nup drawn when she married Gordon.
“The entire family is devastated over this marriage,” a source close to the Houston family said. “Krissi’s relationship with Nick was never romantic until after Whitney died. The family feels that if Whitney had adopted Nick and left him an inheritance, he never would have pursued Krissi.”
Although Whitney took Nick in as a 12-year-old and acted as his guardian, the singer never formally adopted him. As a result, sources believe this is the reason behind the current situation.
Remembering Whitney: The Music Icon Through The Years
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy Houston
Source:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd
1 of 23
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986
Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna
2 of 23
3. Whitney Houston 1986
Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd.
3 of 23
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine Auditorium
Source:david plastik / PR Photos
4 of 23
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.
Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd.
5 of 23
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna
6 of 23
7. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990's
Source:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK
7 of 23
8. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994
8 of 23
9. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990's
9 of 23
10. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990's
10 of 23
11. Whitney Houston mid 1990's
Source:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses
11 of 23
12. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.
12 of 23
13. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998
Source:© Retna Ltd.
13 of 23
14. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999
Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd.
14 of 23
15. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.
15 of 23
16. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere
16 of 23
17. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007
17 of 23
18. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008
18 of 23
19. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009
Source:© Derek Storm/Retna
19 of 23
20. Whitney Houston in 2010
20 of 23
21. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
21 of 23
22. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
22 of 23
23. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.
23 of 23