She is beautiful, successful, physically fit, not the best communicator, but an undeniable human anthem of hard work. Anyone can be Beyoncé, if you just dedicate every moment of your life to perfecting one task you can deliver better than everyone else. The documentary made it clear, she’s an exceptional talent with an enviable drive.
Anyone who knocks Beyoncé on her singing ability is demonstrating some form of envy, as would anyone who knocks her reign on the art and science of entertainment. If you look to Malcolm Gladwell, it is impossible for someone who has busted past the 10,000 hours of focused work to not be the best. And whether you or not you duplicate her journey, if you want to succeed, her career is a blueprint for reaching mega-stardom in whichever lane you inhabit. Check out these six secrets to “Beying” your best self.
1. When you decide what position you want to attain, study the people who already have it.
Back when she was headlining Girl Tyme, Beyoncé was taking cues from the Black women who ran the music industry before her. Beyoncé obsession with the definers of girl group-dom, like The Supremes and En Vogue, or even the solo artists who shut the game down, like Tina Turner and Ella Fitzgerald,is clear in the way she moves, her style and performances. It is easy to imagine she was a 12-year-old with an affinity for infectious beats, with her left arm (and those of the other four girls) hitting the right mark on the right beat.
Takeaway: If you work in hair care, can you name the leading companies in that field? Do you know where they are investing and what products are going to be launched? Can you articulate the steps needed to make what’s wrong with your work or anyone else’s, better? Do you know the names of the most iconic people in the field? If you work in retail, what are the qualities that the employees of the month share? Do you know the point behind what you do and the base require to do something well, before you aspire to greatness?
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading All Hail King Bey: 6 Real-Life Ways To ‘Bey’ Greater Than You Ever Imagined