A Texas judge sentenced a 42-year-old ex-youth football coach to 15 years in prison after knowingly infecting a woman with HIV, the Dallas Morning News reports.
Scroll down for video
Jimmy Bernard Billingsley pleaded guilty to aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. Billingsley admitted that he’s known since 2008 that he was HIV-positive. But he still had unprotected sex with the mother of a youth football player he dated in 2009. That woman learned she contracted HIV after feeling ill and taking a blood test soon after, according to KVUE-TV.
The woman, who wants to remain anonymous, called local police after getting the test results because she suspected that Billingsley purposefully infected her after insisting that they have unprotected sex. “He would say, ‘You’ll be okay. I won’t get you pregnant. I don’t have anything. You don’t have anything to worry about,’” she said.
Want to Keep Up With NewsOne.com? LIKE Us On Facebook!
At a hearing last Friday, Billingsley took the stand and admitted that he had sex with several other women since learning he had HIV; he told none of them of his status. The judge handed down a sentence of 15 years after his testimony.
“This defendant’s intentional non-disclosure to numerous sex partners was egregious, dangerous, willful and malicious,” said Assistant District Attorney Joshua Ross in a prepared statement. “He is truly a snake in the grass. His sentence brings some justice to his known victim and provides a measure of protection for so many others.”
As for the woman he infected, she says the grind of going to the doctor and taking medication is taking its toll on her. She hopes the cocktails she takes daily will fend off full-blown AIDS. She warms other to protect themselves.
“Just be careful out there,” she said. “Don’t trust anybody. It’s not a game to play with. You don’t want to be in this situation.”
2. Got so much work to do but I just wanna stay in bed and binge watch #Gameofthrones and start the new season of #OnceUponATime. I know I can't be the only one. Right? Ha 💤🦁🍂 #saturday
2 of 25
3. Mommy's weekend turn up ❤️👶🏾💕🍼 Wouldn't trade it for nothing. #TeamNoSleep lol #HesMyBiggestBlessing ✨
3 of 25
4. One of them oh shit mont we made it feelings … this shit still be unreal 💯💪🏾 @remyboymonty1738
4 of 25
5. Tickets Available October 14 @ticketmaster.
5 of 25
6. People magazine Home edition has raided my house! Get a sneak peek into the bedroom life of the Leakes and see other parts of my home now at PEOPLE.COM
6 of 25
7. They want to kick you when you down, but kick it when you up
7 of 25
8. Got my advance copy of #Mafia3 at @gamestop. Get yours via link in the bio #Mafia3 #Ad
8 of 25
9. This is some of the cast and our diverse team of writers in the writer's room creating funny sh*t for @nbcmarlon what a fun room! Lots of jokes, great stories and having a great time doing what we love... making people laugh and feel something. Look out for our show next year @nbcmarlon we bringing sitcoms back to NBC
9 of 25
10. #HappySunday☀️Thank you @4everbrandy101 💛💡💛
10 of 25
11. Happy to be back in Central Falls, RI breaking ground for the One Stop Health Center and hosting a local community event with #Vaseline.
11 of 25
12. Thank you all in advance 💋💋💋 #Repost @urbansvintage・・・#TarajiPHenson's memoir #AroundTheWayGirl will be available everywhere TODAY October 11th! Will you be purchasing a copy? #UrbansVintage
12 of 25
13. Moms got my back
13 of 25
14. @galore dinner party glo ✨ thanks to @styledbygiigii
14 of 25
15. 🌹#ThisIsWhatTheTruthFeelsLikeTOUR #forevereve
15 of 25
16. Yes, all those videos I've been posting have led to this: the introduction of skincare to @TYRABeauty! This is the rundown on the new line:Years of research and beauty tips I live by led me to produce the most effective and delightful skincare out there. I'm all about taking really good care of my skin, so I can look like I'm aging in #TyraYears and go filter free on Instagram when I feel like it! Now, it's your turn. ✨My Mama always told me not to wash my face with just my hands. "Tyra, girl, you're just moving the dirt around!" And I've listened. First up is The Clean Machine.... ...a 3-in-1 foaming face wash that cleanses, removes makeup and purified your skin. It has patented technology - a attached Turbo Cleansing Tool - to give you that deep clean that makes your skin feel super fresh. Wanna know more? Yeah, baby. Click that link in my bio.