There’s no point in being rich or being the mother of someone rich and famous … if you can’t use it as leverage to get your butt out of trouble.
But then there’s abusing the power and overdoing it over and over, so to speak.
Such is the case, says Jose Lambiet’s Gossip Extra, regarding Miami Heat superstar LeBron James’ mom, Gloria James, who’s getting the VIP treatment from South Florida law enforcement authorities.
Attorney Robert Stok wrote a bitter letter to Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle‘s office listing instances in which Gloria James hasn’t been getting the same treatment as regular James.
Stok represents Rock Feller Sorel, the Fontainebleau Miami Beach valet who was allegedly slapped by a drunk Gloria James last year in an argument over the speed of Sorel’s service.
Sorel is suing for damages, but what ticks off Stok is what he claims is the kid-glove treatment.
For example, 44-year-old Gloria, Stok says, should have rotted in the slammer for a while after she was arrested and charged with battery and disorderly intoxication.
Instead, she was released to a Miami Heat executive after being issued a court appearance ticket.
“Enough is enough,” Stok wrote. He declined to comment on the letter exclusively obtained by Gossip Extra.
Here’s an excerpt of Stok’s missive:
“Since Ms. James’ arrest on April 7, 2011 she has abused her quasi-celebrity status and flouted the justice system.
At the time she was arrested, she refused to cooperate with the arresting police officers.
Despite the fact that she was arrested for disorderly intoxication, an arrest typically requiring overnight incarceration, she was released from the booking station almost immediately to a Miami Heat executive.
She was offered her initial pre-trial diversion program without your office having consulted with our client first and ultimately the offer was made against his wishes.
In the civil case, she missed two court ordered mediations and was sanctioned by the trial court for her continuing misconduct.”
Stok also takes a swipe at the pre-trial diversion program offered by the State Attorney’s office to Gloria James earlier this year in which she completed community service instead of jail in the valet-slapping incident.
Stok writes the woman has “a long history of criminal arrests in her home state of Ohio” and should not have been allowed in pre-trial intervention.
When asked in an email if the State Attorney’s office is being overprotective of Gloria James, Spokesman Ed Griffith simply said: “No!”
Also On Black America Web:
This Week’s Celebrity Instagrams (11/26-12/2)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Little Legend and Puddy 😍😍😍😍
1 of 30
2. "You on point Phife?" "all the time,Tip". 💥 #bannedfromnormal
2 of 30
3. Vegan! The Impossible burger at Crossroads
3 of 30
4. Lawrence #BeforeandAfterEpisodes 1-4: 184lbs 13% body fatEpisode 8: 196lbs 8% body fat S/O @coachdaveboxing with the works outs and @kildareriordan with the nutrition
4 of 30
5. Jus haaaanngin out
5 of 30
6. Meanwhile back at home in Atlanta GA someone mad they not on the 🛳. 😳
6 of 30
7. No limits... Photo cred: Chris Bridges @ludacris
7 of 30
8. new new
8 of 30
9. Apparently my 260lbs is too much for the actual vines in the Hawaiian jungles to hold me without breaking and me falling hundreds of feet. So for safety purposes, I'm forced to swing thru #Jumanjj on wires strong enough to hold 12 adult buffaloes and 1 adult Rock. #OnSet #Jumanji #IronicallyIEatBuffaloDailyForLunch #MoreManThanNatureKnowsWhatToDoWith
9 of 30
10. hey ma! 🎎#wcw 💙
10 of 30
11. Surprise visit to our factories!!! #GoodAmerican #USA
11 of 30
12 of 30
13. Peachy Keen 🔥✨⚡️
13 of 30
14. If this don't look thankful I don't know what does. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. #UltraBlessed #24kMagic #SweetPotatoFly
14 of 30
15. Late nights @nbcmarlon with the writers... we in here!!!
15 of 30
16. There goes my baaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy #QueenKingMagic!!! We're up to something! Ira BIG!!! Stay out our buisness -
16 of 30
17. You want to win every game you play but when you come home to these faces... who cares. #ILoveYouGirls best part of my day, everyday!
17 of 30
18. Steady,steady..... full size jenga.. "I got this one "???? Or do I ?
18 of 30
19. Cornrows kind of day 😉@dontaysavoy2 you convinced me and I love. ❤️️
19 of 30
20. #BrotherlyLove #tbt
20 of 30
21 of 30
22. #basel #TeamLOVE @kingcombs
22 of 30
23. Just introduced a special screening of @directher 's groundbreaking (must see) documentary @13thfilm with my brother @themichaelealy | @unitedblackout #blackoutblackfriday
23 of 30
24. Me & Vanessa Williams giving #DuckLips #Pose on the set of #DaytimeDivas @vh1 - Coming Soon to a tv near you. Lol. - My make up done by @makeupsurgeon
24 of 30
25. This picture just makes me wanna praise the Lord, you hear me!!!!!! Yes Lord brotha #TEDDYCAMPBELL What a #man !!! You are everything right on this picture husband ......... #gorgeous #stylish #classy #strong #masculine #king #sexy #debonair #gentlemenstyle And that #bible in your hand just seals the deal for me (probably cause i know that, that is what helped you become just as amazing as you look😘). While my heart and mind experiences the goodness of God at #church on Sundays, my eyes experiences the goodness of Teddy😍. Amen somebody🙌🏽. "Bless the Lord oh my soul and all that is within me bless his holy name" #myman #myhusband #goodman #blackman #dapperman #godlyman #goodfather #mybestfriend
25 of 30
26. Yesterday was my mama's 53rd birthday!!!!! Got to celebrate with her all day. If this is what I have to look forward to I can't wait. Looking like a soft bucket a cocoa butter. Yaaaaaaaaaas! 😍😍😍 love you mommy!
26 of 30
27. "Shout out to @PureAtlanta for getting the family right"....I'm loving this jogger. 😍😍
27 of 30
28. This pic warms my heart ❤️ #myLogiebeans and aunt aunt umba @itowandabraxton 😘
28 of 30
29. You will always be my baby😜. #HappyBirthdayReginae #mybaby18
29 of 30
30. GC "Gods Child" Red on Red SweatSuit available now at www.MonicaApparel.com ... Take Your Crown wherever you go!! I'm pictured in a Medium... Go to the site now for other options ... cc: @trukernell
30 of 30