Wendy Raquel Robinson is a working actress, but before she was, she was a college graduate who earned a theater degree from Howard University.
Just about every education statistic available proves that a college education can help raise your earning power dramatically, especially if you are a person of color. That’s why Robinson is part of a nationwide campaign by the AdCouncil and the Dollar General Literacy Foundation to encourage people to earn a GED. It’s a gateway to higher education, regardless of what your high school career was like. To that end, the ADcouncil has sponsored a series of unique PSA’s to encourage the 34.6 million Americans without a high school diploma to get a GED.
The series, which includes actors Terry Crews, Darryl “DMC” McDaniels, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, wrestler “The Miz” and radio personality Angie Martinez, are PSA’s that encourage people to obtain a GED through various means of encouragement. Robinson is inspiring, Crews is sympathetic, Martinez is stern and DMC is enlightening. You can watch Robinson’s “Inspiring” clip below.
These ads will also be shown in movie theaters around the country.
“These clever ads are a wonderful extension of our campaign and I believe they will help give young adults the motivation and the drive they need to take the necessary steps to achieve their GED diploma,” said Peggy Conlon, president & CEO of the Ad Council. “Our goal is to encourage all young adults that haven’t received a high school diploma to utilize the free resources given by their communities to help them get their GED and ultimately make a better life for themselves and their families.”
You can check out the series and get more information on acquiring a GED at yourged.org. The site includes a toll free number to call 877-38-YOURGED, answers to frequently asked questions and a zip-code locator to help find site and resources in your area.
Robinson will be back on “The Game” next year as Tasha Mack. BET recently announced that it has renewed the series for its sixth season.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂
31 of 31
Continue reading It’s No Game: Why You Need Your GED