Sam’s CLUB THE 2016 ALLSTATE ®TOM JOYNER FAMILY REUNION GRILL OFF SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF the 50 United states or the district of columbia AND AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
Void Elsewhere AND where OTHERWISE prohibited or restricted by law.
Sam’s Club The 2016 Allstate ®Tom Joyner Family Reunion Grill Off Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Sam’s West, Inc. (“Sponsor”), 2101 SE Simple Savings Drive, Bentonville, AR 72716, and is administered by Prize Logic, LLC (“Administrator”), 25200 Telegraph Road, Suite 405, Southfield, MI 48033.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts on August 27, 2016 at 12:00 PM (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 31, 2016 at 11:59:59 PM ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official Sweepstakes clock.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry who have registered to attend The Allstate ®Tom Joyner Family Reunion 2016 in Kissimmee, Florida September 1, 2016 through September 5, 2016 (each, an “Entrant”). Employees of Sponsor, Administrator, Rockfish Interactive LLC, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliate companies and advertising, promotion and production agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”); and the members of each of their immediate family (e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each are not eligible to enter or win. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void elsewhere and where prohibited or restricted by law. Participation consists of Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Each Entrant may be required to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, an Entrant who registers to attend the Tom Joyner Family Reunion in Kissimmee, Florida September 1, 2016 through September 5, 2016 (“Reunion”) will receive an email inviting him/her to participate in the Sweepstakes. To register for the Reunion, call 407-248-9191 or email email@example.com. Entrants who respond to the e-mail and provide the requested information which may include, but is not limited to, his/her first and last name (no initials), and phone number. By entering the Sweepstakes an Entrant is agreeing to receive marketing communications via e-mail from the Sponsor. An Entrant may opt-out of such e-mails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link include in any Sponsor e-mail and following the on-screen instructions to opt-out. An Entrant will not be permitted to change his/her email address after registering. The Entrant must then complete the Registration Information to receive one (1) entry.
Limit: One (1) entry per Entrant during the entire Sweepstakes Period. If it is discovered or suspected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, that an Entrant has registered or attempted to register for the Sweepstakes using multiple e-mail addresses or identities, or if an Entrant enters or attempts to receive more than one (1) entry all of that Entrant’s entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be declared null and void and any prize he/she might have been entitled to will not be awarded to him/her. Any Entrant suspected of or found by Sponsor to be entering by automatic, programmed, script, bot, third-party or otherwise fraudulent method, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and all entries made by such methods will be ineligible to win.
- RANDOM DRAWING: On or about September 1, 2016, Administrator will randomly select three (3) potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The winners are considered a potential winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules.
- PRIZES, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”) AND ODDS OF WINNING:
- Grand Prizes (3): The grand prize is a one (1) year Sam’s Club membership (or a one-year renewal of membership if already a member) and the opportunity to participate in a grilling contest (“Grill Contest”) at the Tom Joyner Family Reunion in Kissimmee, Florida September 2, 2016 (“Grand Prize”).
Grand Prize winners will be able to select up to two (2) family members to participate in the Grill Contest (professional chefs are not allowed to participate). Grand Prize winners will be provided separate Grill Contest rules, requirements, and instructions upon winner confirmation and at the Reunion. Grand Prize winners will have a $250 budget to select items and ingredients from a preselected list (list determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) and will participate in the Grill Contest at the Reunion where they will be judged and a Contest winner will be selected. At the Grill Contest, Grand Prize winners will be provided with one (1) propane gas grill, grilling utensils, a table, cookware, and a cooler for storage along with the ingredients they pre-selected. The Grill Contest consists of preparing a grilled protein, side(s) and setting up a decorated table (place settings, food ware, food presentation) for judging. No more than three (3) Grand Prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. All Grill Contest details are subject to change and will be determined by Sponsor at the Reunion during the Grill Contest. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $500.
- Total ARV: The total ARV of all Grand Prizes is up to $1,500.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
- General Prize Restrictions and Limitations: In no event will more than three (3) Grand Prizes be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of a prize or force majeure.
- HOW TO CLAIM THE PRIZE: Sponsor or its designee will notify the potential winner via e-mail within five (5) days of the random drawing at the e-mail address provided when registering for the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize (“Notification”). Potential winners will have two (2) days to respond. In the event that any Notification e-mail is returned as undeliverable, or if no response to the Notification is received within the time period stated, or if a potential winner is found ineligible or does not comply with these Official Rules, the prize may, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner selected at random from among remaining eligible entries. If Sponsor is unable to confirm the winner after three (3) good faith attempts, the prize may not be awarded. If the confirmed winner forfeits the prize for any reason after confirmation, no alternate winner will be selected. Upon verification of eligibility, Sponsor or its designee will contact the winner to arrange the details for the Grill Contest. Each prize will only be awarded to a verified winner. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of each winner.
The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding a prize or any component thereof for any reason. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in case of unavailability of the prize or any component thereof, or force majeure, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All other costs and expenses not expressly set forth herein shall be solely the winner’s responsibility.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, postage due, or undeliverable e-mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, printing, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any injury, including death, or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting the prize. If, for any reason, an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an entry into the Sweepstakes, the Entrant’s sole remedy is to submit another entry. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of the winner, in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of the winner from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AN ENTRANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Further, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by the winner against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of a prize.
IN NO EVENT WILL SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEBSITE OR ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
In addition, Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall be defended, indemnified, held harmless and released by each Entrant against any claims, liabilities, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses or damages of any kind resulting from, in connection with, or arising from an Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or acceptance, receipt, delivery, use, nonuse, misuse, defect in, inability to use, possession, or loss of a prize. In particular, by entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to waive all of his/her rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities in connection with the Sweepstakes; and to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) for an injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including, without limitation, death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to any Sweepstakes-related activity or element thereof, and the Entrant’s entry, participation or inability to participate in the Sweepstakes, (b) the violation of any third party privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary rights, (c) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Sweepstakes materials, (d) acceptance, attendance at, receipt, travel related to, participation in, delivery of, possession, defects in, use, non-use, misuse, inability to use, loss, damage, destruction, negligence or willful misconduct in connection with the use of the prize (or any component thereof), (e) any change in the prizing (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not such action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened or actual terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond any of Sweepstakes Entities’ control, or as otherwise permitted in these Official Rules, (f) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes, (g) human error, (h) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any part of the entry (including, without limitation, the information or any parts thereof), (i) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Website, or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of Sweepstakes Entities or by an Entrant, (j) interruption or inability to access the Sweepstakes or any other Sweepstakes-related web pages, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (k) any damage to Entrant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes, (l) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (m) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (n) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of Sweepstakes Entities, (o) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizing (or any element thereof), (p) the collection, use and/or sharing of Entrant’s personally identifiable information by Sponsor or its designees or (q) the negligence or willful misconduct by Entrant.
- DISPUTES: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF OAKLAND, MICHIGAN. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH JAMS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“JAMS RULES”). THE JAMS RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN MICHIGAN. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN OAKLAND COUNTY, MICHIGAN. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION OCCURRED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
- WAIVER: Further, Entrants hereby waive all rights, to: (i) claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket costs; and (ii) have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Entrants agree that the rights and obligations of any Entrant and/or Sweepstakes Entities and/or any other party shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, each Entrant grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Sponsor and/or Sponsor’s designee the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for Sweepstakes, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered including live television, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where otherwise prohibited by law.
- GENERAL: In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the winner based on an e-mail address, the winning Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to submit the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right, to disqualify any individual found, in their sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of a Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All Entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any lost, late, undeliverable/undelivered, or postage due mail. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
- WINNER LIST: For a list of the name of the winner, interested individuals should mail a self-addressed stamped business envelope to: Winners List, Sam’s Club The Allstate ®Tom Joyner Family Reunion 2016 Family Grilling Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Winners List requests must be received no later than October 25, 2016.
SPONSOR: Sam’s West, Inc., 2101 SE Simple Savings Drive, Bentonville, AR 72716.
©2016 Sam’s West, Inc. All Rights Reserved.