August 25th of this year made exactly 20 years since the untimely passing of R&B superstar Aaliyah, but still, two decades later her impact on the culture remains.
So much so, that in addition to excitement over the recent re-release of her music across streaming platforms via partnership with Blackground Records 2.0 and EMPIRE, the stories of her 22 years on earth have kept the public interest long after her death.
During a sit down with VladTV, Wu-Tang member Chef Raekwon dropped a bombshell on the world, revealing that fellow Wu member Ghostface Killah had a brief relationship with the singer.
“Yeah he broke my heart with that,” Raekwon says about learning of Ghost’s time with Aaliyah. “Rest in peace, Aaliyah. [She’s] beautiful, you know? Ghost had bagged her, you know what I’m saying? I remember we had a mansion in LA… I used to talk to Ghost a lot, like, ‘Yo you bagged that? Bring her to the lab, bring some friends over,’ or whatever the case may be.”
Rae’s revelation comes as he promotes From Staircase to Stage: The Story of Raekwon and the Wu-Tang Clan, his book detailing his career as part of one of rap’s most legendary groups.
Rae continued on, saying that one day he awoke to find Ghost and Aaliyah asleep in a chair. According to Raekwon, Ghost respected the late singer and had genuine feelings for her.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
10 Ways To Show Up In 2022 A Better You
1. Really Talk To Someone Older1 of 10
2. A Time To Self-Reflect: Do The Hard Work Now2 of 10
3. Set Your Price - And Make It Non-Negotiable3 of 10
4. Keep A Notebook (Or Notes App) Near4 of 10
5. Start Protecting Your Wealth5 of 10
6. Remember That Sleep Is Your Superpower6 of 10
7. Forgive Yourself (And Others)7 of 10
8. Do Something Special For Your Body, Every Day8 of 10
9. Return To Neverland9 of 10
10. More Mental, Less Mobile10 of 10
New Interview Alleges Wu-Tang Member Was Secretly Dating Aaliyah [VIDEO] was originally published on wzakcleveland.com