The Archdiocese of Washington has issued an apology after a Maryland manic priest kicked a mourning family out of his church during a funeral and then proceeded to call the cops on them.

According to Fox5, the altercation happened at Saint Mary’s Catholic Church in Charlotte Hall, Maryland on Tuesday, when Reverend Michael Briese blew up at the family.

Hundreds were gathered to mourn the death of 54-year-old Agnes Hicks when someone knocked over and damaged the church’s sacred golden chalice as they went in for a hug near the altar.

“That’s when all hell broke loose. He literally got on the mic and said, ‘There will be no funeral, there will be no mass, everyone get the hell out of my church,’” recalled Shanice Chisely, the daughter of Hicks. “He disrespected our family, he disrespected my mother. He called my mother ‘a thing.’ He said, ‘Get this thing out of my church! Everyone get the hell out of my church!’ It was very sad. I’ve never seen anything like that before.”

Famous Black Churches

READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK. FOLLOW US ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM

15 thoughts on “Maryland Priest Kicks Family Out Of Funeral, Calls Cops After Chalice Mishap [Video]

1. tedgravely on said:

I’ll use the words the family used – disrespectful. The Priest should be stripped of all responsibilities. Forgive him, but sit his behind in a pew. I’ll hold my thoughts on Catholicism for another time.

2. Kipsog on said:

Ova a cup. keep marrying them and giving them the high five LOL. Only respect we can expect from these peeps is ‘when we have the green’. RACISM in America = from the cradle to the grave. Wise up Black People.

3. S.D. on said:

The appropriate thing that should have been done prior to the service was to remove the chalice away from the altar especially since they were not going to be serving communion. Aside from that, this priest was so way out of line and certainly is not worthy of the collar he wears. What a disgrace..

4. Perry on said:

African American Woman if you are, you should get a life. Why would you be comparing your home to a church funeral?

• Eagleye on said:

AAW, keep your day job, because a comedian you’re not. It’s nothing witty about this story. Wonder if would be funny, if that was your mom stretched out there, and being called a thing. Materials can be replaced.

• African American Woman on said:

Lol!!!! Yep! I actually love my day job, so I will keep it…I would say the same to you, but you probably don’t have a job, hence your shitty disposition…besides my Mom is agnostic, so if someone tips the urn, she won’t know…

5. African American Woman on said:

I’m with the priest on this one…somebody knocks a golden chalice over at my home???? Oh, everybody got to get the hell out. Party OVA!!!!!