This is a couple we were all rooting would last. After dating since the summer,  Angela Rye and Common have broken up. Rye told Page Six, “We have and will always be friends. He is an amazing human being, and I’m a much better person because he’s a part of my life. May we all keep loving and living.”

We wish these two the best of luck in finding a new love, but Twitter is in mourning. See some reactions below:

While some celebs just lie about saying they are still friends, Common and Angela Rye clearly are telling the truth. Rye was just laying into a conservative who tried to attack Common on CNN this week. Watch below:

Angela Rye And Common Have Broken Up was originally published on newsone.com

10 thoughts on “Angela Rye And Common Have Broken Up

1. Anthony Washington Sr on said:

Common is a “Taster.” He has an appetite like a shark. Eventually he will meet his match. I had an opportunity to meet Angela in Selma Alabama this past weekend at the jubilee, she is truly a gifted and blessed woman. Angela must remember that some studs are duds.

2. Ted Gravely on said:

I don’t think anywhere in my statement I referenced demographics. I referred to love and happiness. I’m not throwing shade, but Halle and Janet in my opinion are not good examples.🤣. Janet has been married to the UN; James, Rene, and Wissam. Oh and Halle sprinkled it around as well – I didn’t forget she was married to David Justice. Hands down – they made a striking couple. Serena got smart and moved onto someone that was about that marriage and baby. She is in her mid thirties. Angela is older. Those beautiful women deserve a career and Family. I’m rooting for it to work. I’m saying, maybe that person isn’t an Entertainer, or maybe he is a nerd, or perhaps a little heavier than you expected. I feel bad for successful women. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Look at Mary J.. Married to a man who already had a Family and kids. She comes away with paying him alimony and no kids. Gabby Union will be the same way as far as her own kids. I’m saying their are guys like Russell Wilson. You thought they liked somebody else, but naw you’re not making yourself available to the goofy nerd and like the stupid stuff he likes. Demographics be damned. It’s about not ignoring the guy who loves you and chasing the cool guy. Think about it, Rihanna showing up for a married Lebron when goofy Joel Embid was wooing her. Now he moved on. He may not have looked like what she wanted, but he was tried to woo her. Think differently and keep your options open.

3. Passing Through!! on said:

Common most definitely can’t keep a woman, but however, Angela most definitely doesn’t need to take the Serena Williams route nor does she does need a white man to feel loved. Serena didn’t need a white man to feel loved she chose a white man because that was her preference. There were plenty of black men Serena could have dated that would have swept her off of her feet and Angela can find the same. White men are no better just ask Halle Berry and Janet Jackson.

• elizabethpappas on said:

How do you know Serena prefers white men? How do you know that she didn’t choose her current husband based on interests and not preferences?!

4. Butter Pecan on said:

I’m not surprised at all. Common is a SERIAL DATER! He has dated every single, strong black woman on the planet! I would steer clear of him ladies. Who’s next?

5. Ted Gravely on said:

I dunno. Something shady about Common. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but I recommend Black Women steer clear. Angela, you want to get married and have kids, take notes from Serena. Love the man that loves you back. Be crazy about the man that is crazy about you. Might not look like you thought, but you will be happy. You’re too beautiful and talented!