Jamie Foxx is currently making the media rounds to promote his new FOX game show Beat Shazam which premiered May 25th. One of his latest media stops was to The Howard Stern Show, where the Oscar-winning actor exclusively revealed that long-time friend Oprah Winfrey saved him from his alcohol addiction.
Jamie Foxx is known for his humor and keeping things lighthearted and fun in interviews, but he decided to get seriously candid when he stopped by The Howard Stern Show and discussed his past battle with alcoholism. As reported by TMZ, Foxx told the story of how Oprah was the person responsible for waking him up and giving him the strength he needed to kick alcohol to the curb for good.
The Academy Award-winning actor [Jamie Foxx] went on “The Howard Stern Show” and confessed he was drinking and partying way too much back in 2005 when Oprah staged what amounts to an intervention.
O called him and told Jamie straight-up he was ruining his career, saying, “All of this gallivanting and all this kind of s**t that’s not what you want to do. I want to take you somewhere.”
Jamie met Oprah at Quincy Jones’ house after the call for a come-to-Jesus moment, where Sidney Poitier and other black Hollywood actors were on hand to push Jamie toward more sober and responsible living.
You can check out the video of Jamie Foxx talking about Oprah BELOW:
Talented, Famous & Formerly Addicted
36 photos Launch gallery
1. Columbus Short admitted to self medicating with drugs including cocaine and alcohol.
1 of 36
2. Rapper Lil' Wayne says he isn't addicted to Codeine, but has continuous health scares that prove that he may be.
2 of 36
3. Michael Jackson battled a public addiction of painkillers. (PR)
3 of 36
4. Lamar Odom's addiction to drugs cost him his marriage to Khloe Kardashian, ended his NBA career and caused him to slip into a coma.
4 of 36
5. In 2009 Paula Abdul revealed a 12 year addiction to painkillers. (PR)
5 of 36
6. Samuel L. Jackson was addicted to cocaine in the 80's. He credits his wife for helping him get clean.
6 of 36
7. Wendy Williams has been quoted calling herself a "functioning addict". She was addicted to cocaine during her days on the radio.
7 of 36
8. Eminem was addicted to pain pills. (PR)
8 of 36
9. T.I. has been very vocal about his addiction to drugs, crediting fellow rapper Eminem for his sobriety. (PR)
9 of 36
10. Naomi Campbell admitted she was a recovering cocaine user. Her addiction started in 1994. (PR)
10 of 36
11. Oprah admitted to being a habitual cocaine user in her 20's, but she'd become famously known for her struggles with her food addiction. (PR)
11 of 36
12. Whitney Houston had a drug addiction. (PR)
12 of 36
13. Lindsay Lohan has spent time in rehab for cocaine, pills and an alcohol addiction. (PR)
13 of 36
14. Kirk Franklin was addicted to pornography (PR)
14 of 36
15. Terry Crews was addicted to pornography (PR)
15 of 36
16. Mary J. Blige was addicted to cocaine in her early 20's. (PR)
16 of 36
17. Bobby Brown struggles with Alcohol abuse. (PR)
17 of 36
18. Chaka Khan battled alcohol and drug addiction. (PR)
18 of 36
19. Tiger Woods reportedly entered sex rehab for sex addiction. (PR)
19 of 36
20. Monifah was addicted to cocaine for 7 years, she is now clean.(PR)
20 of 36
21. Charles Barkley has lost over $10 million from gambling overtime. (PR)
21 of 36
22. Eric Benet entered a 35-day treatment in 2002 for sex addiction. (PR)
22 of 36
23. Michael Jordan struggled with a gambling addiction. (PR)
23 of 36
24. Bruno Mars battled an addiciton to cocaine. (PR)
24 of 36
25. Nicole Richie struggled with a heroine addiction. (PR)
25 of 36
26. Evelyn Lozada's ex Antoine Walker blew threw away millions of dollars due to gambling. (AP)
26 of 36
27. Queen Latifah had a bout with drug addiction, she also sold drugs as a young adult. (PR)
27 of 36
28. Kid Cudi struggled with addictions to liquid cocaine. (PR)
28 of 36
29. Dennis Rodman had problems with alcoholism. (PR)
29 of 36
30. Actress Maia Campbell was addicted to crack cocaine. (EURweb)
30 of 36
31. The legendary Gladys Knight struggled with a gambling addiction losing up to $45k a night. (PR)
31 of 36
32. Allen Iverson struggled with a gambling addiction. (AP)
32 of 36
33. Nadya Suleman checked herself into rehab for a prescription drug addiction. (PR)
33 of 36
34. In his memoir, Flavor Flav talks about bring addicted to drugs. He blieves moving to LA saved his life.
34 of 36
35. Kid Cudi began using cocaine in 2010 to help cope through anxiety caused by being famous.
35 of 36
36. Ray Charles said he became addicted to drugs at the age of 16.
36 of 36