Obviously Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) thought about his ill-advised joke about Kellyanne Conway in the now iconic and infamous White House photo of Trump’s senior adviser kneeling on a couch and issued a statement of apology on Sunday after getting a lot of blow back.

“After a discussion with people I know and trust I understand the way my remarks have been received by many,” Richmond said in a statement, according to reports. “I have consistently been a champion for women and women’s issues, and because of that the last thing I would want to ever do is utter words that would hurt or demean them.”

“I apologize to Kellyanne Conway and everyone who has found my comments to be offensive.”

During the Washington Press Club Foundation’s congressional dinner on Wednesday, Richmond joked about the viral photo of Conway perched on couch in the Oval Office.

“I really just want to know what was going on [in the Conway photo], because I won’t tell anybody and you can just explain to me that circumstance, because she really looked to me familiar in that position. Don’t answer – and I don’t want you to refer back to the 1990s,” Richmond said, addressing his joke to Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) who had made remarks just prior to Richmond’s.

The day after his comment, following backlash that included the Louisiana GOP calling Richmond’s comment “sexism at its worse,” the lawmaker attempted to clarify his remarks.

“Since some people have interpreted my joke to mean something that it didn’t I think it is important to clarify what I meant, ” he said in a statement Thursday. “Where I grew up saying that someone is looking or acting ‘familiar’ simply means that they are behaving too comfortably.”

“I decided to use that joke due to the large social media backlash over her inappropriate posture considering there were more than 60 HBCU Presidents in the room,” he added.

(Photo Source: AP, Twitter)

14 thoughts on “Congressman Cedric Richmond Apologizes To KellyAnne Conway For Lewd Couch Joke

1. Amber on said:

That woman is sitting there with her legs open and almost showing her “camel toe”. No need to apologize to her.

2. amonre on said:

wow Rep.Richardson need only to ask the question why was she in that position…what was she doing the GOP need to be asking what was she doing…..but instead they think its ok she can say what ever and do what ever……and those HSBC reps. needs be careful how there connection with a Trump Presz trumps there own cause…….

3. The Truth on said:

She should be the one apolozing to everyone in that room and The American people. I bet you see was texting a racist joke not taking a picture. She look like a SKANT…AND IT NO EXCISE FOR IT…STOP PLEASE STOP!!! People have taken pictures in the room a million times and no women has kneel on the sofa with her knees open and dress up her butt…Just UNCLASSY WOMEN…..

• jhuff on said:

No there just weren’t any photos of what women were doing in that room or on that couch,
      we already know during the Clinton years women spent time on there knees in that oval orifice

• Amber on said:

Well, at least that was done in PRIVATE. This was done while VISITORS are there and taking pictures.

4. This black panther devil is racist. He needs to be terminated just like any white man would. The double standards pandering and appeasing these subhuman beasts from the jungles of africa are despicable!

5. americanize on said:

Well cedric,I don,t have to apologize she,s a disrespectful bit*h.Had that been a group of white men u know that ugly bit*h wouldn,t have done that.But since it was a bunch of begging black men in a photo op she didn’t give a fu*k.

6. Screw Kellyanne–NO APOLOGY NECESSARY!!!!!

Kellyanne owes an APOLOGY to the HBCU folks she was DIS-RESPECTING by kneeling on that damn couch and texting!!!!!!!!!!!

F–k kellyanne with a BROOMSTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Which I’m sure she has in her closet-because she is an UGLY WITCH!!!!!!!!!!