05/30/2015 - Tyson Beckford - 2015 iHeartRadio Summer Pool Party at Caesars Palace Pool in Las Vegas - Arrivals - Caesars Palace Pool at Caesars Palace Hotel & Casino - Las Vegas, NV, USA - Keywords: Vertical, Party, Social Event, Nevada, Red Carpet Arrival, Swimming Pool, Person, Music, Arts Culture and Entertainment, Celebrity Orientation: Portrait Face Count: 1 - False - Photo Credit: PRN / PRPhotos.com - Contact (1-866-551-7827) - Portrait Face Count: 1

The NY Post caught up with Tyson Beckford backstage at the Ralph Lauren Children’s Fashion Show awhile back at the Central Park Zoo, and the former model dished on his feelings about the sudden wave of delusional Instagram models, many of whom refuse to acknowledge him with the proper respect.

He also said he wishes he could “put a gun to the head of the person” who started the nasty rumor that he doesn’t date Black women.

“I do not feel like I get the respect that I deserve,” Tyson says. “There are a lot of Instagram models out there, and when they reach out to me and ask me for advice, they get mad, go on blogs and say things like I am irrelevant.”

45-year-old Tyson also bashed the current industry practice of finding new talent on social media. A practice he believes is setting up hopeful models for failure.

“I do not think Instagram models are a good thing. You are setting people up for failure if they don’t have the complete package,” he says. “Nowadays, everyone is calling themselves a model, but don’t be mad at me if I am telling you the truth.

“In the model world, you have to be 5-foot-9 for girls and 6-foot-1 for guys. It is not just about having a pretty face — you need the height to go with it.”

Beckford has been shrouded by the longstanding rumor that he doesn’t find Black women appealing, and the fact that he didn’t reproduce with a Black woman certainly enhanced this rumor.

“People were going around saying that I do not like black women, when that is absolutely not true. I wish I could put a gun to the head of the person who started that nasty rumor about me and black women,” says Beckford, who has a son with celebrity stylist April Roomet.

#TBT Me & Da Babe-Boy Beckford 😍 OMG! I LOVE HIS LIL FACE!! #MommysMotivation

A post shared by April G. Roomet (@aprilroomet) on

“I love black women and do date them. My exes from Jamaica were calling me saying, ‘Why don’t you date or like black women?’ That rumor has followed me to this day, and black women have always been upset with me for that. I love brown skin. It is nice to look at and to touch.”

(Photo Source: PR Photos)

25 thoughts on “Tyson Beckford Addresses Rumors Of Not Dating Black Women

1. Dr. Larry on said:

You need to look no further than the black women on this site, and they hate they carry around with them each and every day. Nobody wants to be around that negativity.

• Really on said:

Dr Larry I’m sure your an educated person. For you information all black women are not hood rats and ghetto. Sorry to disappoint you. There are plenty of white people that fight and act a fool as well. There is no point on telling people like you that. You believe want you want.

• Dr. Larry on said:

I didn’t say all black women, but a good percentage of them. And I believe what I see with my own eyes. Stay in denial brother, it’s working so well.

• Really on said:

That’s because it’s a black thing you wouldn’t understand so we won’t bother explaining .

• I’m black and I still don’t understand people’s obsession with who people date/marry and why. I don’t live a race based life. That’s the reason I wouldn’t understand. I thank God everyday for that blessing.

2. americanize on said:

Black men pay dearly for dating and marring snow bunnies,charge with rape,going to jail,getting lynched an if ur a rich black man,and get a divorce from the snow bunny,she gets a ton of money.that could be going to a black family.But Cynthia and Specialt 757 there are still a bunch of brothers like myself who knows our history in this country and still and always love a sista.The Queen of humanity.

3. oh i forgot about him maybe he wants to be relevant again. their are too many other black brothers out there doing there thing see calvin klein ad.

4. specialt757 on said:

Cynthia, I wish I knew how to download a “thumbs up” or “hands clapping” emojis (I only know how to type lol) I would give you one or two. I share your sentiments down to the last letter. SOME, definitely NOT all, black men feel that they haven’t made it until they have a white woman on their arms, in their beds or licking their toes. It’s almost an everyone minute or two occurrence while anywhere U.S.A. to see black men with white women, and now it’s not even what people have referred to as “beautiful” white women, any shape, size, height, or pasty skin color will do. I don’t believe that people shouldn’t be with someone just because of their skin color but I do have a problem with “the” black man who feels he has to “diss” a black woman because they hate the skin they’re in.
    You’re 100% correct, white women were the forbidden fruit and black men have swung from trees by their necks just for glancing to long. What gives? Too many black women have stood by and suffered in silence with black men and also supported them through thick and thin. Yes, it’s an insult to black women to see the men they love and adore push them aside to have a white woman by their side, being their wives and have their babies. It’s sickening. No I’m not prejudiced against whites but this is a pet peeve of mine, and I certainly don’t hate white women, but I do despise the brotha that will diss a black woman because they think they’ve made it. I really have a deep seeded love for black men and it absolutely hurts to see them this way.
    SN: White people need not respond, this ain’t your fight.

5. I am not judging Tyson. To each his own. I will say this though…from my observation (doesn’t mean that it is correct…but, it is what I have notice), when black men seem to make it, have a little money, from a good job, sports, actors, etc. they tend to date white women. It is too bad, as there a lot of black successful black women who are waiting for a good black man to marry, bare his children and build a good life with. It seems to have really took off in the 90’s as the thing to do. Our young black boys have been programmed to think that white is what’s considered beautiful, based off the media, commercials, TV, etc. When they are able to land a white girl, they think they have finally made it. They believe they have what society for so long has denied them to have. They think surely there is something special about them, if not, why would society not allow us to date, marry or even look upon them of there wasn’t something special about them. So, what was for so long been forbidden fruit, it has now been made available to them, so they tend to prefer them over black women. I wish we would teach our young black men that there is such bad history regarding interracial relationships. Many black young boys and men have been beaten, jailed and even killed for looking at or speaking to a white woman. Likely they have ancestors who have paid a heavy price for doing that such thing, yet they go out of their way to date/marry and procreate with them. I was at an event not to long ago, when I made mention of that very thing. I said “ there a lot of bi-racial couples out here” ALL of the black men were with white women. And, to top that off, the black men walk by black women and don’t even speak…can’t even say “hello.” It’s sickening. I love all people, but we have to tell our boys while they are young, that black is beautiful and black women are beautiful!

• specialt757 on said:

“They think surely there is something special about them, if not, why would society not allow us to date, marry or even look upon them of there wasn’t something special about them.”
      I have yet to see anything special about them, definitely not more special than sistas, gawd knows I’ve looked for signs but…nothing, nada, zilch.

6. Screw Tyson and all the other brotha’s who have a Hate on for their own Sistah’s!!!!
    Got a news flash for you boys–white women’s vagina’s are not LINED WITH GOLD-NOR DO THEY GLOW IN THE DARK!!!!!!

Read up on the ugly history and Lies that white females have told and still tell regarding RAPE and men of Color!!!!!!!!!!

• Dr. Larry on said:

Nicca please. Sista’s do a fine job of hating on themselves. Look at the lengths they go to cover up their natural looks. Weave wearing hood rats. Black men only giving them the same treatment they give themselves and each other. Calling each other Bitch all day long. The doctor will NOT see you now.

• Not really, most black men still marry and date black women. Do not let a few black men make you think otherwise. These men who date non black just get the most talked about but they are not the majority.

• Dr. Larry on said:

Don’t confuse dating and marrying with easy sex and a breakfast at IHop the next morning. Statistics prove that ain’t nobody marrying black women.