- Put on sunscreen 10 minutes before exposure and every 2 hours outdoors.
- Don’t neglect your head! The scalp, hair part, and ears are often overlooked. Sprays or sticks can help reach those areas.
- Eat red. According to the British Journal of Dermatology women who ate 2 ounces of tomato paste daily experienced less radiation-induced skin damage than those who didn’t.
- Have your car fitted with UV-blocking film.
- Have a cup of Joe. A Harvard Medical School study once found that women who drank three cups of caffeinated coffee daily were less likely to have basal cell carcinoma than those who skipped their morning cup of get up and go!
- Wear hats and lightweight, protective clothing.
As always, if you feel that you are at risk or may have developed an unidentifiable skin condition, it is always wide to consult your dermatologist – sooner than later.
More From BlackAmericaWeb