Variety conducted a survey of actors and various representatives in the entertainment industry in an effort to profile the earnings power of talent in primetime, late-night, daytime, and news. While the published figures are just an estimate, it’s reportedly pretty close to what some of your favorite celebs earn per episode. In some cases, the numbers do not reflect income that talent brings in from licensing and merchandising, and business ventures.
Check out the list below.
Viola Davis reportedly brings in $250,000 per episode of her hit ABC legal drama “How To Get Away With Murder.” Created by Shonda Rhimes, Viola stars as a law professor at a prestigious university who, with five of her students, becomes entwined in a murder plot.
Kerry Washington reportedly brings in $250,000 per episode of “Scandal.” The ABC drama created by Shonda Rhimes stars Washington as political fixer Olivia Pope, and is inspired by former George H.W. Bush administration press aide Judy Smith, who serves as a co-executive producer on the series.
Taraji P. Henson and Terrence Howard both bring in $175,000 per episode of the FOX music drama “Empire.” The series was created by Lee Daniels and Danny Strong, and centers on the dysfunctional family behind a hip hop music and entertainment company.
Tracee Ellis Ross reportedly brings in 80,000 per episode of “blackish.” The ABC family comedy stars Anthony Anderson as her TV hubby. The series has received many awards and nominations including an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series and a TCA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Comedy.
MONEY, MONEY, MONEY: Stars That Came From Wealthy Families!
1. Angela SimmonsSource:Angela Simmons Instagram 1 of 14
2. Jermaine DupriSource:Instagram 2 of 14
3. LMFAOSource:PR Photos 3 of 14
4. CassieSource:Instagram 4 of 14
5. RomeoSource:PR Photos 5 of 14
6. Jaden SmithSource:Twitter 6 of 14
7. Robin ThickeSource:AP 7 of 14
8. Anderson CooperSource:AP 8 of 14
9. Sanaa LathanSource:Instagram 9 of 14
10. Nicole RichieSource:PR Photos 10 of 14
11. Tony GoldwynSource:PR Photos 11 of 14
12. Miley CyrusSource:Instagram 12 of 14
13. Rashida JonesSource:Instagram 13 of 14
14. Jordin SparksSource:AP 14 of 14
(Photo Source: PR Photos/AP)