During a promotional event for her new book and album, gospel singer Tina Campbell revealed her nightmare battle with depression and how she “wanted to die.”
Campbell, one half of the platinum-selling gospel duo Mary Mary, told the audience that dealing with her father’s death in 2013 and the consequences of her husband’s infidelities was overwhelming.
“I’ve been saved all my life and a representative of the Gospel could get so low that I wanted to die, kill my children, kill my husband and kill everybody, and go out with a bang, because life was that bad. But that’s exactly where I was in 2013, and God alone saved my life,” Campbell told the audience.
Campbell said it was important to talk about this stage in her life because it may encourage others going through similar situations.
“Part of my testimony, my willingness to speak about the difficult times, comes from the joy I have in the knowledge that it was God who saved me,” she said on Yahoo Music’s Instagram page. “I want to let those feeling as low as I once did know that if He brought me through, He will bring you through! #OnlyJesusDidIt”
Campbell told The Christian Post that a book and solo album were never in her plans, and that both came about through God’s divinity.
“I went through my challenges that I went through last year with infidelity. In the process of writing journals to God, I ended up writing a book that I didn’t know I was writing,” she said. “Once I finished, God started downloading all of this music into me and I knew that God gave it to me to give it away.”
Campbell’s book, “I Need a Day to Pray,” and her latest album, “It’s Personal,” are both available and in stores now.
Celebs Caught Creepin'
1. Amber Rose & Wiz KhalifaSource:PR Photos 1 of 32
2. Chris Brown & KarruecheSource:Instagram 2 of 32
3. Future & CiaraSource:Instagram 3 of 32
4. D-Wade & Gabrielle Union4 of 32
5. Ludacris & Eudoxie5 of 32
6. Tina Campbell & Teddy6 of 32
7. Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom7 of 32
8. Tina & Mathew Knowles8 of 32
9. Joe Budden & Tahiry9 of 32
10. Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Shriver10 of 32
11. Tiki Barber & Traci Lynn Johnson11 of 32
12. Jesse James & Sandra Bullock12 of 32
13. Eddie Cibrian & LeAnn Rimes13 of 32
14. Paula Patton & Robin Thicke14 of 32
15. The Dream15 of 32
16. Tiger Woods & Elin16 of 32
17. Josh & Fergie17 of 32
18. Tameka & Usher18 of 32
19. Chili19 of 32
20. Ashton & Demi20 of 32
21. Eric Benet & Halle Berry21 of 32
22. Kim Porter22 of 32
23. J Lo & Cris Judd23 of 32
24. Dayanara Torres, Marc Anthony & J Lo24 of 32
25. Tony Parker & Eva Longoria25 of 32
26. Kobe & Vanessa Bryant26 of 32
27. Shar Jackson27 of 32
28. Gracelle Beauvais28 of 32
29. Ev & Ocho29 of 32
30. Brad, Angie & Jen30 of 32
31. Fantasia & Antwaun31 of 32
32. Swizz Beatz & Alicia Keys32 of 32
(Photo Source: PR Photos)