Maybe it was or maybe it wasn’t fun while it lasted, but Kim Fields has made it clear. She is “done” with Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”

Fresh off the show’s season 8 reunion episode on Sunday night (03-20-16), Fields called in to an Atlanta radio show and revealed her future on “RHOA.” For Fields, there is little doubt as to what that future is.

“Feels more like Brett Favre and the Jets, you know — I’m done,” the former “Living Single” said. “I mean, and think about too, at the beginning of the season, what did my mama say? ‘Get in and Get out’… listen to your mama!”

Fields’ farewell comes after she stole the show on the first part of the reunion special from Kenya Moore, who criticized Fields in every way possible while taking credit for bringing her into the group and raising more than few eyebrows with proclaiming herself to be the star of the show.

Needless to say, the fireworks were sparked with yelling and Andy Cohen and Phaedra Parks coming to Fields’ defense. As for Fields, Entertainment Weekly notes that she returned fire in kind when Moore and co. voiced how she just wasn’t cut out for “RHOA,” in light of her being condescending, judgmental and unable to deal with confrontation. In her response, Kim made certain to mention that she could care less about all the hate since she’s continues to get paid and enjoys the spotlight as part of the cast on the new season of “Dancing with the Stars.”

As the interview continued, Fields expressed that her reason for doing “RHOA” stemmed more from the experience of being a part of a reality show more than wanting to remain on the show for a long period of time.

“It was for the experience, it was to be able to do a genre that I’d been asked to do before and finding a way to do it that makes sense for my team and my family,” she said.

“Overall it was a really great experience.”

How do you feel about Fields being done with “RHOA?” Is it better this way for her or would you have wanted to see her on the show for a little bit longer?

Stars Who Are Famous For Their Blonde Locks

(Photo Source: Kim Fields Instagram)

39 thoughts on “Kim Fields on ‘RHOA’: ‘I’m Done’

1. yaeger on said:

I never really felt that Kim could fit into this group of women, because she just does not appear to be that type of lower class of women, like on the show.

2. creative on said:

Let’s face it Kim Fields has too much class to step in the pit of hell with Kenya. Kenya needs to get a life, she has issues with every female and I am sure that is because her mother rejected her as a child. She really needs to get some help and leave people alone. Kim did a good job on the show and she should not go back to the messy self absorbed program.

3. I don’t blame her for leaving. I truly enjoyed the way she handled herself on the show. I watched it a few times this season just because of her. When I first heard she was joining the show, I knew she wouldn’t be a good fit with those gals, and I can understand why she signed on for the experience. She can use what she learned somewhere else.

4. WillowFan on said:

Kim has do what she feels works for her, it was just nice seeing her as a long-time fan. Kenya apparently felt threatened and so acted a fool from the word go. She’s still weak and lame, no matter how long she stays on the show.

5. Debbie on said:

Yippie,
    I am so glad that Kim has decided to leave the RHOA. She is a classy woman that never fit into that arena any way. Kim I admire you for standing up for what you believe in, you are a woman of God and that’s not the atmosphere for you. You have two young sons that look up to you as their mom integrity and dignity should always come before any amount of money. May God continue to bless you and your family. CLASS stands alone eagles always soar alone.
    Love you sis and I am so proud of you!

6. Someone at Bravo should really get Kenya some professional help! That woman is so delusional that she believes her own lies. I hope Matt knows what he’s getting himself into. Money can’t buy peace of mind.

7. Sarah Bridgett on said:

I pray all works out for Kim Fields. I also appreciate her professionalism and the way she handled herself in those crazy situations that she was forced into. Me, personally, I would have put my fist in the air and dropped them a couple of times. I appreciate Kim Fields for being the example that all battles are not to be tended too. If your reading this Kim Fields, Thank you for the example that you set for black women. Thank you for breaking the stereotypes of the black woman and her reactions. Thank you for teaching us a lesson just by being the woman that you are. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I have been learning from you for years, but this past season has given me the visual and the example of how a woman of color should be. Last but not least, Thank you for removing yourself from the show. God Bless you on any and all of your future projects.

8. EricMRussell on said:

❥━━━————–❥home job for Every one❥—————-━━━❥
    ᴍʏ Fʀɪᴇɴᴅ’s ᴍᴏᴍ ᴍᴀᴋᴇs $73 ʜᴏᴜʀʟʏ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ . Sʜᴇ ʜᴀs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴊᴏʙ ғᴏʀ 7 ᴍᴏɴᴛʜs ʙᴜᴛ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴍᴏɴᴛʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴡᴀs $20864 ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴜᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ғᴇᴡ ʜᴏᴜʀs.~~~
    click this link….!!
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤ …Special-Work-At-Home…
    ❥━━━——————————-❥❥———————————━━━❥

9. Kim was so” out of place” it was sad. It is not her kind of vehicle. She sort of got on my nerves with her, spoiled, undisciplined children.Good luck on Dancing with the Stars, but she has got to put some rhythm in her step and bounce to her ounce.”Tottie” is gone. long live Kim Fields.

• Delores Davidson on said:

Kim should have researched RHOA before signing. Maybe she felt she was no longer relevant. Whatever her reason, she definitely was not a great fit for the show. What really surprised me was that she came off as being super saved, singing her praise songs and expressing her Christian life style, but when the shade and mean spirit moments appeared, Kim started flinging the profanity around just like the rest. I was disappointed in her as I thought maybe she would be a breath of fresh air, but she wasn’t. Kim, yes, some of us Christians do watch realty shows, and when we see another professing Christian we kind of look for a standard. Next time just be yourself, you just might fit in.

10. Amber on said:

Kim should have never been on that mess of a show. Don’t loose your creditablity and respect for $$$$ that you build all your life throughout your career Kim. Look at Kenya who use to be in the same boat of having respect by being a former Miss USA (some called Kenya the first black looking Miss USA), now look at Kenya who has dropped from SUGAR to NOTHING.

11. Kenya should be next with her ugly ass that’s why her own mother doesn’t want nothing to do with her now that’s bad when your momma don’t want you. Kim fields much more success to you and your family you have better class than that show.

12. Kenya Kenya Kenya —- Kenya didn’t sign that grown women up for the show, Bravo did ! Kenya didn’t ask that grown women to leave, she chose to leave. From the beginning, it was evident that classy or not, she was not a good fit for the show ! EVERY housewife spoke on that in the reunion…it was NOT the show for her. Now, getting in and getting out…maybe it was for ‘exposure, finances, experience, whatever…’ it was NOT all Kenya’s doing ! Dayum !

13. Kimboo on said:

I haven’t watched since Phaedra’s husband, Apollo went to prison, and wasn’t impressed with the women on the show. I understand if your trying to get your business off the ground, and need more exposure; and everyone has their hustle… So happy that Kim was in, and she got out. Life is about experiences, and SHE’S HAD ENOUGH! Way to go Tootie 🙂

14. Good for you Kim – its garbage !!! I saw it one day with you in it and you called them Ghetto Gals out – you deserve to be in a better class of work.

15. Really on said:

Glad Kim is leaving. The mess needs to be removed. There are some on the show because they need money. And others know that know their 15 min are about up.

16. EricMRussell on said:

❥━━━————–❥home job for Every one❥—————-━━━❥
    I’ve made $76,000 so far this year working online and I’m a full time student. Im using an online business opportunity I heard about and I’ve made such great money. It’s really user friendly and I’m just so happy that I found out about it….~!!~!!~
    Heres what I do ——->
    ➤➤➤➤➤➤ …Special-Work-At-Home…
    ❥━━━——————————-❥❥———————————━━━❥

17. not a fan of any reality show. Just not but Black women being stupid an d letting the whole world in on their foolish personal life

18. Fortunately or unfortunately, Kenya has found someone who will admire her regardless of her selfishness and ugliness towards others. I suppose he it’s because he is so young and doesn’t know any better. He’s got his sugar-momma.

19. She should have been done. Those women are camera hogs and require attention at all times. Weird thing is they’re cool and enjoy the negative attention. Funny. Anybody remember Kenya’s guest shot on “In Living Single”? While she’s throwing the trash at Kim; didn’t she give you a job once.

20. Linda on said:

Kim Fields did not belong on RHOA–she has way too much class for some of those broads–particularly, Ms. Kenya.

Sorry to see you go Kim-but I truly understand.

Ms. Moore is a very insecure/uptight Black B—h! For the life of me I don’t know what jobs she has had-besides being a beauty pageant winner. This could explain why she is JEALOUS of any/every
    Sistah who is doing something positive for herself.

The fact that her own mother dis-owned her also says alot about Ms. Moore and how she chooses to deal with her peers.

I may or may not continue to watch RHOA–however, I do want to see Todd and Kandi’s new baby Ace. Other than that-RHOA is a show that is very FAR FROM REALITY!!!!!!!!!!

I wish Kim Fields good luch in her producing/directing and look forward to seeing her on the tellie again.

21. D MCGRUE on said:

It’s her decision, Kenya is a destructive woman who will never be whole because of her abandonment, this is why she always has to be heard. Unfortunately she has become a person who we cannot embrace because of her ugliness, she is vile and disruptive to her own fault. She needs to take responsibility and own her sh$t. No one wants a person of color to act the way she does, she needs to go to a therapist. The woman is bonafide crazy.

22. Guest12 on said:

I’m glad she left the show. She didn’t belong with those she-wolves anyway. It’s a shame that there is a network that promotes ugliness among women (black and white). Have these women no shame or class? Oh, I forgot, they’re supposed to be among the Crème de la crème of societies best. My bad. Not. Kim…you did the right thing.

23. Doris on said:

I am glad she decided to leave. I don’t know how anyone can stand being around Kenya without wanting to kill her. Kim has too much class for this garbage. Kenya is like a maggot, trying to infect every one she can hoping to turn herself into a butterfly. It will never happen. She is too ugly inside and outside to ever be a butterfly. She can twirl as much as she wants.

24. specialt757 on said:

This is an easy one. I never watched the show with her on it. I’m more surprised by her agreeing to be a part of this tom foolery in the first place. I always thought she was better than this. But at least she knows when to get out, before she is sucked into their mad, mad, world of fake stardom.