Maybe it was or maybe it wasn’t fun while it lasted, but Kim Fields has made it clear. She is “done” with Bravo’s “The Real Housewives of Atlanta.”
Fresh off the show’s season 8 reunion episode on Sunday night (03-20-16), Fields called in to an Atlanta radio show and revealed her future on “RHOA.” For Fields, there is little doubt as to what that future is.
“Feels more like Brett Favre and the Jets, you know — I’m done,” the former “Living Single” said. “I mean, and think about too, at the beginning of the season, what did my mama say? ‘Get in and Get out’… listen to your mama!”
Fields’ farewell comes after she stole the show on the first part of the reunion special from Kenya Moore, who criticized Fields in every way possible while taking credit for bringing her into the group and raising more than few eyebrows with proclaiming herself to be the star of the show.
Needless to say, the fireworks were sparked with yelling and Andy Cohen and Phaedra Parks coming to Fields’ defense. As for Fields, Entertainment Weekly notes that she returned fire in kind when Moore and co. voiced how she just wasn’t cut out for “RHOA,” in light of her being condescending, judgmental and unable to deal with confrontation. In her response, Kim made certain to mention that she could care less about all the hate since she’s continues to get paid and enjoys the spotlight as part of the cast on the new season of “Dancing with the Stars.”
As the interview continued, Fields expressed that her reason for doing “RHOA” stemmed more from the experience of being a part of a reality show more than wanting to remain on the show for a long period of time.
“It was for the experience, it was to be able to do a genre that I’d been asked to do before and finding a way to do it that makes sense for my team and my family,” she said.
“Overall it was a really great experience.”
How do you feel about Fields being done with “RHOA?” Is it better this way for her or would you have wanted to see her on the show for a little bit longer?
Stars Who Are Famous For Their Blonde Locks
1. Chrisette MicheleSource:PR 1 of 18
2. Tamar BraxtonSource:AP 2 of 18
3. Kim FieldsSource:Twitter 3 of 18
4. Nene LeakesSource:Nene's Instagram 4 of 18
5. Comedian Luenell has always rocked the platinum blonde...and she has always worked it!5 of 18
6. Mary J. Blige does blonde so well it's hard to imagine her with any other color.6 of 18
7. Rihanna changes hair color and styles constantly but blonde is one of our favorite looks. (AP)7 of 18
8. Beyonce would be beautiful in any color hair but this soft color suits her. (AP)8 of 18
9. Eva Marcille had a short blonde style at the premiere of 'Jumping the Broom' (PR Photos)9 of 18
10. Eve Jeffers had long blonde tresses back in 2007. (PR Photos)10 of 18
11. Keyshia Cole was sporting long blonde locks at the BET Awards in 2010 and again in 2012. (PR Photos)11 of 18
12. Ciara always rocks blonde. (AP)12 of 18
13. Keri Hilson has seemed to favor blonde over the past few years and does it well. (PR Photos)13 of 18
14. Leona Lewis changes her hair color frequently but seems to favor this light hue over the darker shades. (AP)14 of 18
15. There doesn't seem to be a hair color that Nicki Minaj hasn't tried, although she dons blonde frequently. (AP)15 of 18
16. Amber Rose was 19 when she got her first buzz cut and bleach job and no one rocks it better than her. (AP)16 of 18
17. Dennis Rodman has sported every hair color imaginable but his feminine side seems to prefer blonde shades.17 of 18
18. Chris Brown went blonde for a minute back in 2011 and again in late 2012. (AP)18 of 18
(Photo Source: Kim Fields Instagram)