An Oklahoma woman will be required to serve out the rest of her 30-year prison sentence after her clemency hearing was denied for failing to protect her children from abuse from her ex-boyfriend Robert Braxton, reports BuzzFeed News.

Tondalo Hall plead guilty to “failing to intervene against Braxton’s abuse” in 2004 after taking her 20-month-old son to the hospital and doctors found he had broken ribs and a broken femur. Shortly after, doctors discovered that her 3-month-old daughter had similar injuries.

Braxton admitted breaking the ribs and femur of the 3-month-old girl. He was sentenced to only two years in prison after accepting a plea deal. He was released in 2006.

The Oklahoma Pardon and Parole Board denied Hall’s request for a commuted sentence with a 5-0 vote on September 23, 2015.

A petition started by Shaunna Thomas, co-founder of UltraViolet, a national advocacy group has garnered over 70,000 signatures in support of Hall and her case. The group attests the sentence is too severe for a woman who was also a victim of abuse.

Hall will remain behind bars until at least 2030, when she becomes eligible for parole.

Is this a case of civil injustice or should Tondalo be required to spend the next 15 years in prison?

Like on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

(Photo Source: Oklahoma Department of Corrections)

17 thoughts on “Domestic Violence Victim Tondalo Hall Denied Clemency [VIDEO]

1. this is wrong on so many levels.. but I don’t understand why the courts didn’t take into consideration that she is victim of DV as well .. and yes she could have left with the kids and attempted to start over.. but my guess is fear set in and she was afraid to leave. either way .. these babies definitely did not deserve what they got.. but the system treated her very unfairly..and then turned around and gave the one that caused all of the harm (the POS boyfriend)the lesser sentence.. I have NO understanding of that whatsoever!!!

• African American Woman on said:

Yeah, DV victims who are accused of gross negligence don’t have dumb looking smug smiles on their faces while being booked. Like I said, a man can beat with within an in of my life, but if touches my children, he dies. this from coming from a former DV victim.

2. cikafrasih on said:

>>??See Here Now,,,,my friend’s aunt makes $81 /hr on the laptop . She has been fired from work for 7 months but last month her pay check was $20818 just working on the laptop for a few hours. look at this web-site+_+_+_+_+_ ►œ►œ►œ► Full Detail Here

3. deho50 on said:

All of you with the negative posts, read her whole story (look it up)…She is sentenced unfairly…No one considering two children without their mother…The whole justice system makes no sense…Read her story before judging…

4. storm over on said:

Their “parents” were their greatest obstacle. Now that they are out of the way, these kids’ future may be bright. I pray that it is.

5. specialt757 on said:

That POS boyfriend was released from jail in 2006, but no doubt he’s been back since or dead now, he is a loser and so is she. Absolutely MB, she deserves it.

6. Both of these worthless POS should have received the same amount of JAILTIME!!!!!

Parents are supposed to be the “protectors” of their children–NOT MURDERERS of them!!!!!!

I hope the cellmates are kicking that b–ches ass everyday she is in prison and I hope the male inmates are running trains on the boyfriend until his asshole is punctured!!!!!!!!!!!

7. African American Woman on said:

His charges were obviously different from hers and he may have pleaded down. She has what’s called duty of care, which makes her an accessory. She may have went to trial, as well, and that’s taking a gamble. We also don’t know their criminal history. The article does not mention whether he’s the father. In a criminal case, motive and intent must be proven. He may have been able to garner doubt in that area. Her case is much more cut and dry. She obviously knew about the abuse and neglected to act. That’s a high level felony. Depending what he plead too may have resulted in a charge of a lower level felony. So many different variables.

8. African American Woman on said:

And that took has the nerve to be smiling in that picture??? She doesn’t look one but of sorry to me. Some women are so desperate for any piece of man, they sacrifice their own children. Obviously, he’s a violent person and I’m certain she knew this before she brought those innocent babies home. If she wasn’t willing to protect them, she should have left them at the hospital where a living family would surely have taken them.

9. African American Woman on said:

I am so mac at both of these pieces of crap. Although the loser of a father only got two years, I hope he was raped and brutalized every day he was in prison. This mother is no better. I don’t care if she claims she was a victim of Domestic violence, your job was to protect those babies. That man could beat me within an inch of my life, but you touch my babies, you will die. I feel no pity for her.