Azealia Banks has come to be more known for her outspoken remarks on social media than for her stylistic music.
The 24-year-old rapper is passionate about social inequalities, racism and sexism, and, more often than some folks care for, she vents her frustrations to fans, critics and media.
Earlier this year she told Playboy that she hates “fat White Americans, ” and she boldly called out gay males for their misogyny.
As you know, celebrities are often targets in Banks’ war with the world. You recall her cultural appropriation issues with Iggy Azalea, and the side-eye she gave Kendrick Lamar’s Ferugson comments. She attacked Erykah Badu for having multiple baby daddies, and most recently, she blasted Nicki Minaj’s Madame Tussauds wax figure.
Despite her willingness to freely share her wit and sharp tongue, Banks blames Black media for damaging her brand. Her latest target is Ebony magazine. Banks posted a picture via Twitter of an EBONY article about her beef with Iggy Azalea. She tweeted, “The only time I made it 2 ebony magazine was in a discussion of another white woman. Black media is counter productive.”
Her Twitter rant didn’t end before she begged Black media to stop covering her because they have done the “most damage to my brand.” Azalea has since deleted her first tweet directed to EBONY, but kept her follow-up comments posted, which you can read below.
After reading her comments, we wonder if she’s slightly bitter because she finally realized that her target audience would rather listen to Drake, Dej Loaf and Nicki Minaj, so only the White audience is left for her and this why she doesn’t mind blaming Blacks for her media issues. What do you think about her comments?
Rappers With a College Degree
1. Honorary: Diddy spent some time at Howard University but never finished. This year he received an honorary Doctorate.1 of 25
2. Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) Glover graduated with a degree in Dramatic Writing from NYU’s Tisch School of the Art.2 of 25
3. Honorary: Lil Wayne went to the University of Houston before transferring to the University of Phoenix to take classes online.3 of 25
4. Mos Def graduated from NYU4 of 25
5. Honorary: Common attended Florida A&M for two years with an academic scholarship5 of 25
6. Camron graduated from junior college in Texas6 of 25
7. 2 Chainz graduated from Alabama State University7 of 25
8. Lil Jon graduated high school, finished college at Ohio State University in '93 and straight into the music biz. (AP)8 of 25
9. Producer, Singer Ryan Leslie has a Degree in Government & Economics from Harvard University. (PR Photos)9 of 25
10. J. Cole has a Bachelor's Degree in Communications with a minor in Business from St. John's University. (AP)10 of 25
11. Joe Torry has a Degree in Mass Communications from Lincoln University. (PR Photos)11 of 25
12. David Banner has a Bachelor's Degree in Business from Southern University. (PR Photos)12 of 25
13. Young MC has a Bachelor's Degree in Economics from the University of Southern California. (PR Photos)13 of 25
14. Ludacris has a Bachelor's Degree in Music Management from Georgia State University. (AP)14 of 25
15. Public Enemy's Chuck D. has a Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design from Adelphi University (New York) (PR Photos)15 of 25
16. M.I.A. She completed a program in fine art, film and video at London's Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. AP16 of 25
17. Ice Cube earned a degree in Architecture from Phoenix Institue of Technology in 1988. (PR Photos)17 of 25
18. Stat Quo has a Bachelor's in International Business & Economics from the University of Florida. (TheUrbanDaily)18 of 25
19. Rapper Sage Francis earned a Bachelor's Degree in Journalism from the University of Rhode Island in 1999. (Twitter)19 of 25
20. Talib Kweli has a New York University Theatre and Arts Degree. (Photo: AP)20 of 25
21. Flava Flav earned degrees in Radio Communications & Business from Adelphi University. (Photo: AP)21 of 25
22. MC Solaar earned degrees in Languages and Philosophy from the Jussieu Campus of the University of Paris. (Tumblr)22 of 25
23. Musta Ace earned a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Rhode Island. (Tumblr)23 of 25
24. Rumor has it that Plies graduated from a four year college in Miami with a Degree in Nursing. (Photo: EURweb)24 of 25
25. The late great GURU (Keith Elam) earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Morehouse College25 of 25
(Photo Source: Azealia Banks Instagram)