Shaun King has been highly regarded as a justice columnist for DailyKos and has most recently been preparing for the launch of his own organization, Justice Together, which he says is building a 50 state coalition against police brutality. However, all of these amazing accolades are about to be marred by claims that King’s not only lied about a minority scholarship he received from Oprah to attend Morehouse College, but he lied about having been involved in a racially charged attack in 1995 and he’s allegedly even lied about being Black. What kind of Rachel Dolezal mess is this?!
King is a prominent figure on Twitter, so he’s taken to his social media account to dispel each and every alleged false claim in The Blaze’s article, and it seems he’s yet to confront the bold claim of Milo Yiannopoulos that he’s not Black:
In a post-Rachel world, questioning the race of someone who champions for Black people has become a thing.
In King’s litany of tweets, he’s never once addressed whether or not either of his parents were Black. He simply tweeted poetic, attempting to dispel what the “hit” articles claimed, calling his family “one big mess,” just like many of us. All of King’s tweets are cringe-worthy because he’s having to defend himself and his race, all while trying not to look like the new Rachel Dolezal. His credibility has been challenged and honestly, whether he is or isn’t Black, no one is going to believe him either way now.
It’s all sadly entertaining. We’ll keep you updated on this developing story.
11 People Who Were "Transracial" Before Rachel Dolezal
1. When Nick Cannon transformed into Connor it caused a stir, but he was really just being transracial.Source: 1 of 9
2. Marge Simpson has a kinky blue afro and Lisa sings the blues and plays the sax.Source:Getty 2 of 9
3. Ted smoke weeds and has soul, haven't you watched the trailer?Source:Getty 3 of 9
4. Bill Clinton was considered the first Black president, but lost his Black card when Barack Obama ran for president.Source:Getty 4 of 9
5. Riff Raff been transracial, bro.Source:Getty 5 of 9
6. Eddie Murphy plays a White guy on several occasions, but here he is as Saul the Jewish Guy in "Coming To America."Source: 6 of 9
7. Since playing in "Higher Learning," Michael Rapaport identifies with the Black experience.Source:Getty 7 of 9
8. Mark Wahlberg used to be a rapper by the name of Marky Mark. Here he is eating chicken.Source:Getty 8 of 9
#BlackLivesMatter Activist, Shaun King Under Harsh Criticism Because He Might Not Be Black? was originally published on hellobeautiful.com