- Bring water and salt to a boil. Pour in steel cut oats.
- Stir, and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 21 sections of two 12-cup muffin tins.
- Pour in the oatmeal.
- Freeze flat for five hours.
- Remove pan from the freezer and allow to thaw for a few minutes.
- Using a butterknife, gently pop the oatmeal “muffins” out of the pan, seal in a freezer bag, and keep frozen.
- When you’re ready to eat, place two to three in a bowl and microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Add More Fiber to Your Oatmeal with This Quick Recipe! was originally published on blackdoctor.org