MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) — A judge in New Jersey has dismissed domestic violence charges against Ray Rice, who was captured by a surveillance camera knocking his then-fiancee unconscious in a hotel elevator.

Judge Michael Donio dismissed the charges Thursday after the Atlantic County prosecutor told him the former Baltimore Ravens running back had completed the terms of his pretrial intervention.

Under terms of the program, Rice paid $125 in fines and received anger management counseling.

Rice was charged with third-degree aggravated assault. His attorney described what happened in February 2014 as “little more than a misunderstanding.”

Videos released by TMZ showed him pulling his fiancee out of an elevator at the Revel Casino Hotel after he struck her.

The two have since married.

An arbitrator overturned his indefinite suspension from the NFL.

(Photo Source: AP)

16 thoughts on “Judge Dismissed Domestic Violence Charges Against Ray Rice

1. Miss UK on said:

It did send a chill down my spine watching the tape, wonder how Mrs Rice feels when she views it.
    – there was no concern nor love. If he can get that angry, she wont wake up next time, and there will be a next time

2. Amber on said:

Good. Both of them were wrong; however, it gets me how some people got so upset over this guy and his now wife in what they did YET the same folks will see things like this in their own community and city and in front of their own front door and wont make a noise about it.

• specialt757 on said:

The days of people turning a blind eye to this should be over, but I know that will never happen. Especially when the “victims” marry their abusers. I’ve seen people get involved in others relationship trying to help the victim and the victim turns on them. It’s a no win situation sometimes. Not only that, people have gotten killed for intervening in these type situations. But the very least someone can do is call the police and video tape what they see. If they sees themselves on video it may be an eye opener.

3. doris on said:

Teach your daughters not to spit slap or kick the man. Mamas are teaching their sons to hit back. She spit on him he knocked her out. Maybe they both need to stop drinking if they have no control over tempers

• specialt757 on said:

Doris I agree, they both played a major role in what happened in this case. However, what I found most disturbing was how cold and unconcerned he appeared when he dragged her lifeless body from the elevator and dropped it like a sack of potatoes. I believe in second chances, everyone has done something they regretted. I just hope this was the very last violent episode these two people have in private or public.

4. Church Girl on said:

A misunderstanding?? Well she married him anyway, despite him abusing her so I just pray that God softens his heart and nothing further happens to her.

5. Linda on said:

Just because Ray Rice completed an intervention does not mean he won’t do it again.
    There is a pattern to those who abuse their mates. The beatings may subside for awhile and then
    something may set the person off and the abuse will begin again.

I have no sympathy whatsoever for any woman who stays in a marriage or relationship where this type of behavior is going on.

Simply put-she must have liked getting her ass beat!!!!

• Chances are this was not the first time. First caught on camera, but not the first time. He seemed a little bit to comfortable dragging her out of that elevator an leaving her there with no concern for the wellbeing of woman he loves. Well they seem happy now, maybe her family gave him a taste of his own medicine.

• Timekeeeper on said:

Agreed. Another “chance” is the operative word. The entire new testament is based upon second chances and yet so many refuse to give this guy one. This isn’t to say I excuse Rice for the incident in the elevator ( although I bet those with the narrowest of minds will try to say otherwise)
      I amazes me though how not only on this post but o many others will say the most mean, heartless and vile comments an then use God in the same sentence. As though that somehow justifies their mean spiritedness. It’s what we call “speaking out of both sides of the mouth.
      Don’t believe me, just watch!!

• Ms Curly on said:

I also believe in second chances. I hope they both have learned from this. Did he get his job back?