Some viewers had labeled Kandi Burruss hard-hearted for not rushing to NeNe Leakes’ side when she broke down on the “Real Housewives of Atlanta” reunion.

“Overall, Nene and I have been arguing that whole day and I am not the person that she would have wanted to console her,” Burruss, 39, told The Post. “And secondly if the shoe was on the other foot she would not have come to console me.”

Burruss, whose Bravo spinoff “Kandi’s Ski Trip” premiered Sunday night, says she was just being “true to myself.”

“If I got up to console Nene I would be fake. So I just chose to be real with myself,” she told the New York Post’s Page Six. “I did not know what she was crying about so I was not going to jump up to her rescue.”

Frenemies: Friend or Foe? It’s Hard to Tell

(Photo Source: Bravo.com)

17 thoughts on “Why Kandi Burress Didn’t Rush to Console NeNe Leakes: ‘I Would Be Fake’

1. The MOOSE is a fake. She wanted to see who wants her off the RHOA. The HEAD DOCTOR is crazy for trusting the MOOSE. I saw cinderella and is okay. The MOOSE hates Cynthia and she is jealous of all her RHOA cast. She never has any thing good to say about any of them. Porsha does no need to be on the show. Porsha and granpa.

2. Wanda on said:

Kandi you did exactly the right thing to do. I’m sure she would have reacted to you in the same manner. I feel that she was seeking attention.

3. joann walker on said:

kandi is as cold as her mom money aint everything careful you want need a shoulder to cry on sooner than you think

4. absolute on said:

Kandi was obviously raised/brain washed to stand by her evil mother no matter what/right or wrong. As for being there for NeNe when she faked the break down, she and Claudia wasn’t going to be a part of that fake mess kissing NeNe’s butt once again. NeNe has issues, she always have to be the center of attention. I’ll be glad when the truth comes out about NeNe, she suffers either from bipolar depression type II, or from bipolar type 1= schitzophrenia.

5. absolute on said:

They’re all (reality tv chicks) are catty, jealous, bitter and angry about something. They all have too much baggage/have issues.

6. absolute on said:

NeNe is fake. She acts like she’s been this wonderful nice person since day one when the show aired. I watched it from the beginning and she treated people like crap! She even made negative comments about being a role model for young black girls, now all of a sudden since she wants to be a famous actress she’s no longer Dr. Jekl but has turned in to Mr. Hyde/Nutty Professor type. She has always been a narcisists and very jealous. In her mind it’s always been about her, Greg is the only one that kisess her butt, and even he tried to get rid of her but ended up remarrying her, or were they really every divorced/publicity stunt. What ever happen to her Ilalian boyfriend that gave her red bottom shoes all the time, that’ show he bought her…red bottom shoes…lol!

7. Ms Curly on said:

Kandi kinda had to defend herself cause her mom was talking a bit much. Kandi also let it be known to the folks on stage (late year) that some things about her mom were off limits and not up for discussion. I would not have gotten up either if I were Kandi cause in the end Ms Nene got what she wanted everyone puckering up.

8. Pallas on said:

Most of these women on these realty shows are not friends. Much of what we see is manufactured by the producers. Kandi and Nene don’t like each other. These “reality” shows are fake enough. Why would Kandi console Nene. That would have been very disingenuous.

9. I don’t believe its about being fake. From watching Kandi these fews years she has been on RHOA she has this air about her that she is use to being the center of attention and on top and not use to playing second fiddle. So yes she was true to herself because everyone heard her say I do not want to talk about my Mom….duhh. She has always played that fence mode/playing safe that way no one can say she took sides. That is what is fake!!!

• demp109 on said:

So true, Kandi is all about the business. Even while they were on vacation, she was demonstrating her products… She is loyal to the dollar bill….

• kay M on said:

Lorette, you are on point. Kandi has a problem with NeNe pioneering the Atlantic edition of Housewives. Kandi does have a problem with NeNe being the star. That’s why she was so upset that NeNe and Pheadra are on better terms. All the women on the show have changed up friendships so why would Kandi be sweating Pheadra about Nene like that. Kandi is fake And why is she crying on every episode?

10. traboe on said:

Um…when were khandi and nene ever friends? Getting up to console someone performing for the cameras that you just finished arguing with is very fake. I wouldn’t expect khandi to get up and do that for nene and even when cynthia did, nene was still being shady naming everyone else that came over to her and then saying “oh yeah and cynthia…” Give me a break.

11. Carletta M on said:

She did what I expected her to do. It was either that or cry (as she has all season)! If you are any type of friend to someone…when they are in pain, you are there! Hell even Kenya got up! But let Kandi stay, uh true to herself….

Let’s remember, she’s the same one who put her mom on blast! JS