This unidentified woman is quickly being hailed as mother of the year.

The Baltimore mother saw her son live on television throwing rocks at police and obviously had enough.

Her response has gone viral. Watch above!

(Photo/Video: ABC7 News)

111 thoughts on “[VIDEO, POLL]: Mom Beats Son Live On TV For Rioting In Baltimore

1. Marirene Seguinot on said:

You do what you need to do for your children so they don’t go astray. That’s why many kids are dying with a bullet in their heads. What could happened if she never come? Jail, a bullet, or a police beat up! I’m glad she was timed and assertive. It is really painful for a mother to watch on tv how her child is been arrested. Come on, because of the so many rights we’d given to the government our children now know their rights but not their responsibilities. This kid forgot one and that is to respect the authorities. Give me a break!!! If she didn’t see him, he could be today in jail….Congrats to the mom to have the guts to do what is right. No government should be permitted to raise our kids but the one we established at home (hope that directed by GOD), never forgetting that we are the ones to put the boundaries at home so things like this don’t happen in the future!

2. Lenette Joy on said:

Yes i agree 100% because she raised him better its nice to no some real parents still exists and dont try to be there friiends i have 3 sons bet your ASS i would have did the same congratulations mom of the year thank god he ok as well good job!!!!

3. THATS WHAT YOU CALL OLD SCHOOL DISCIPLINE. OUR PARENTS WOULD SMACK THE DOG SHIT OUT OF US IF WE DID SOMETHING WRONG. I BET HE WILL THING TWICE BEFORE HE DOES SOMETHING WRONG THE NEXT TIME.

• Lisa, what this lady was doing to her son WAS out of LOVE and FEAR simultaneously,,,,,I’m not sure by your comment if you can understand this. I can. I don’t think a “time out” would have been appropriate in this matter. Maybe if some of the cops mother’s had done this to them, they would not feel entitled to beat and kill other people’s children for no apparent reason!

• Merry Lou on said:

I think if my son was in that situation I would do whatever I could to get him safely home. I applaud her. He was suppose to be home. I bet he will think twice before following a crowd. Let him be embarrassed it was out of love she got him home.

4. #13. What a stupid comment! Look where the son was and what he was doing? I’m sure in her (the mothers) mind she was like let me go get my son before the Police kill him too. Not sure your children are ever in that predicament at home where you need to slap them in the manner this mother felt she had too. Anyways it wasn’t like she was literally beating him up.

5. We as a People, some of us have been fighting, struggling, others are crying, and even begging for equity in the American Dream.

Prove It!

First off, “Boycott,” then start our own enterprising, supporting our own, in our own neighborhoods.

Our so called Black Elitist need to stop trying to Fitting-In, “What they don’t realize that They are serious when They say that no matter which ethnic group referring, we all look alike to THEM?”

Black Achievers should return some of their blessings, whether it is wealth and or intellect, and reinvest in the neighborhoods that were abandoned after Affirmative Action.

Yes, I feel the Black Family should be financing our on images, businesses, schools, health and senior citizen facilities, etc., but then there is the struggle to get out into Their controlled industry.

Rioting and destroying our own communities will accomplish nothing, but more Negativity.

All of this out cry should be the catalyst to our realization that we have to start doing for ourselves again, this will be our real strength in backlash.

When proof of the discrimination, direct or subversive, is documented, then take your case to the media and the streets, “Remember the World is Watching.”

Before Affirmative Action

6. Teresa on said:

Great way to end violent behavior is with violent behavior???
    In all serious I would have beat my son over the head too but only after I got him home and explained that this is going to hurt way less than the bullets they could have put in you.

7. Just what the black male needs – to be seen getting beat by his mother on television. The media and whites in general just love it. I hope he does not run away from home, but I would understand. We see kids his age in other countries doing the same thing after someone is killed, but we expect our kids to do nothing. Mom – he is part of a movement that means something to him.

8. Steven Walker Sr. on said:

Did you fight THAT hard when they was putting that weave in your hair? If the situation was reversed ( God forbid) and that was YOUR son laying dead, would you condemn another person for trying to support you and yours. It’s NOT right to use this incident to rob and loot people and stores…but that’s NOT what he was doing.

9. StevetheArtist on said:

Slapping him was not the punishment he will remember and learn from. She embarrassed him. THAT he will remember for the rest of his life and, I’ll bet, he has learned from it..

10. yvonnashville on said:

I would rather see her beating him then those police standing next to him,just waiting to get him.
    To God.be the glory for this.mom where the rest of the moms.

11. Daffaney on said:

hat’s off to the mother that took a parent stand to discipline her son n participating in the BMor Riot. I am a single parent of 2 yes I would beat my son to n he’s da oldest.

12. paulette cobb on said:

I was glad. I love the part when when she said you are here take the mask off. As a mother of 5 and raising 2 grandsons and I raised 3 sons she was right. There is a better way to handle the problem. Being another statistic or locked up is not the way.

13. Alexandria on said:

He was a follower and mom said Oh hell no I did not raise my son like this. Let me be a army mother and knock some since in my sons head or two.

14. Tanisha on said:

They want to call her mother of the year because she beat her son but condemn other parents who beat their kids. This is confusing. Is it ok to beat kids or not? Also if she was mother of the year, what was her son doing out there in the first place? Just askin

15. As a parent and grandparent I commend the mother who stepped up and punished her son for his inappropriate behavior. My daughter is 25 now and I have taught her respect and right and wrong. If that was my daughter out there I would have done the same thing. It is alright to voice your opinion but you do not do bodily harm to another person or do destruction ro someones place of business that has nothing to do with the death of Freddie Gray. I was highly upset about the behavior that I saw yesterday. I would have done the same thing that mom did. If I could meet that mom I would shake her hand.

16. So basically, they can shoot him down in the street, leave him for dead…but you’re mad he’s throwing rocks at them. FOH!

• therealhousewifeofprincegeorgescounty on said:

I think I understand your point KD; but the mother is probably nervous about what could happen at this point to her son. She didn’t want a reaction from the police at that point that could leave her son dead with a funeral for her to plan. She may not know the proper way to be involved in a movement either or even understand that her son may feel hopeless and frustrated that his group is targetted with no consequences for the perpetrators; but she just knows many have died for NOT inciting the police; why would she sit by and watch her son incite them (justified or not) and risk his life? I think she was trying to save her son’s life.

17. I commend her. She didn’t give everything she had to raise a thug. That women that mother is a women of conviction. She WILL not let the streets raise her child.

She put that child In check. That’s a mother who loves her child. Good work mama. 🙌🙌👏👍

18. Virginia on said:

I have to go along with her. My mother jacked me and my sister up a couple of times in front of our friends when we went somewhere she told us not to go. She just popped up on the spot. We were so embarrassed we said we could never go out again. Of course, after our punishment time, we were out again. Our friends never really brought it up since we all had the same kind of parents.

I also recall my 4’11” mother up in the face of my 6’2″ brother, and he reacted the same way this boy did–he kept his mouth Shut. We all knew she did it because she loved us.

19. Haywood on said:

That poor kid, doesn’t his mom care that his friends have probably seen her on youtube dragging his sorry butt home? The cops are probably upset now too, since they won’t get a chance to kill him thanks to her making him stay in his room with no Playstation 2.

20. I understand the mother’s fear for her son being involved in this situation which could bring harm to him; but I don’t think she understood him trying to defend his community. He’s young and doesn’t yet understand how to approach the situation without violence. I hope the leaders handling the Baltimore situation will rally around both the mother and son to bring a level of understanding to both and open up other dialogue as to how the boys feel as well a their mothers.

• @TheReal: I don’t know what this kid was thinking; but what I do know is that sometimes kids go along with their peers just because they want to be part of the group. Word is this was all planned on social media

• Yeah, you may be right Joy. She did get awfully dressed up to go out into the middle of a riot and slap Junior around. Weave and jeans were tight, and she really wasn’t beating him, just slapping him around a little bit. And were those stilettos she was stomping around in? But if it was staged, I think she should be offered a guest shot on Empire.

21. M. Morris on said:

I applaud this mother for having the courage and conviction to remind our young men and young women and mostly her son, of their upbringing of right and wrong and to be productive positive participating citizens and employees in their respective neighborhoods, communities, churches and schools. Positive embracing and wanting a voice to be heard and expressing oneself in a humane way, comes from change within systems and continued education as scholars.

22. I applaud her. We need to keep in mind that some kids are more easily influenced by their peers than other kids. Some kids listen to their friends more than they do their parents. We all know of someone that came from a good family setting that has done something stupid. Social Media is a B, and is going to get the best of society. This embarrassing episode is going to follow him the rest of his life