NeNe Leakes is making it known that any of her fellow “Real Housewives of Atlanta” co-stars who aren’t married need to be gone from the hit reality show.
So says the queen of the throne.
During an appearance on “Live! With Kelly and Michael,” Leakes commented on Sunday’s “RHOA” reunion episode while stating that the other Housewives “are mad, honey.”
“They’re out there attacking Miss NeNe Leakes,” she said while giving her take on why everyone is mad at her.
“I’m a threat. I am a threat and they are mad.”
As for whether the current Housewives are jealous in light of her being the only original cast member left, Leakes summed it up for Michael Strahan, saying , “Well, of course.”
“Everybody wants to knock the queen off her throne, but she’s not going anywhere.”
With all the internal drama going on, queries about Leakes being signed for the next season of “RHOA” came up from Robin Roberts.
“Well I didn’t say that. While I can’t say that yet, but you know what? I would be there if some people left. They need to get rid of some folks.” Leakes responded while telling Strahan exactly who needs to go.
“Everybody that ain’t married. The show IS called Housewives, isn’t it? So you need to be married to be on the show.”
“Listen, I think that over the years the show has become very negative and there has been some people thrown in the mix that come negative and made the show negative so I think they should recast,” she continued. “I don’t mind if there’s one girl, maybe two girls, that aren’t married because it’s always great to see a single girl like dating and all that kind of stuff. But to have as many girls as we have on our show that aren’t married. I think we need to get rid of a couple.”
Shifting gears, Leakes spoke on her renewed friendship with Phaedra Parks. Leakes mentioned that despite being there for Parks she still caught heat from “some people” who “got mad about it.
“We won’t call out no names. Some people were mad because I was there for Phaedra but I don’t see anything wrong with that. She was going through a rough time. I know what it feels like to go through a divorce,” said Leakes.
After seeing promos of her breaking down and getting emotional on the next two reunion episodes, Leakes stated that her interaction Dr. Jeff will come, “Not this coming Sunday but the last part of it.
“Dr. Jeff will come on and we’re going to do a little bit of a therapy session,” she told Roberts and Michael Strahan.
Leakes goes on to detail why she left during the session.
“I tell him that I thought he did the session wrong.” She says that it’s how she felt at that time and she felt he should know it. She can’t give too much away but says that she felt he was wrong for putting her in a position where the others were bashing one person,” she shared. “I feel like some of the girls in the situation were acting like they were victims. There’s been things in my past. I’ve been in an abusive relationship, I wasn’t raised by my mother. I’ve been through a lot of things and I felt that those girls were using those things to play victim.”
“I never use that, I never come out and say that my mom didn’t raise me,” Leakes continued. So, as I tried to tell him (Dr. Jeff) that, I broke down. And I didn’t want to be vulnerable in front of people who don’t like me. So I was breaking down.”
"Real Housewives of Atlanta" Through the Seasons
1. Apollo, Phaedra, Kandi and ToddSource:Instagram 1 of 18
2. Phaedra and ApolloSource:Instagram 2 of 18
3. Kandi and PhaedraSource:Instagram 3 of 18
4. Greg, Nene and PorshaSource:Instagram 4 of 18
5. Porsha and CynthiaSource:Instagram 5 of 18
6. Porsha, Cynthia and KenyaSource:Instagram 6 of 18
7. Porsha WilliamsSource:Instagram 7 of 18
8. Kenya MooreSource:Instagram 8 of 18
9. Kandi and ToddSource:Instagram 9 of 18
10. Kandi and Mama JoyceSource:Instagram 10 of 18
11. Cast member NeNe Leakes.11 of 18
12. Cast member Cynthia Bailey and husband, Peter Thomas (Photo: Retna)12 of 18
13. Cast member Kim Zolciak. (Photo: Retna)13 of 18
14. Phaedra Parks (left), Sheree Whitfield (right) and guest. (Photo: Retna)14 of 18
15. "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member Sheree Whitfield. (Photo: Retna)15 of 18
16. Cast member NeNe Leakes. (Photo: Retna)16 of 18
17. Claudia Jordan- added season 717 of 18
18. Claudia Jordan- added season 718 of 18
(Photo/Video: Live! With Kelly and Michael Screenshot)