Jon Stewart let FOX News know exactly how ridiculous they sound when discussing Ferguson.
FOX has very clearly come down on the Darren Wilson side of things in Michael Brown‘s tragic shooting death because privilege. From criticizing protestors to being willfully ignorant of the history of police brutality and the Black community, conservatives on the cable news outlet just don’t get why all the Black people are so mad! It couldn’t possibly be that one Black kid got shot.
This is why Jon had to spell it out for them during his monologue on “The Daily Show” this week as he rattled off a list of other young Black men that have died as a direct result of police brutality. And was only talking about incidents in the last year or so. He didn’t even get far enough back to mention Sean Bell, who was killed on his wedding day!
FOX News has insisted that Michael’s death and the deaths of these other Black men couldn’t possibly be a civil rights issue. It just defies logic to them that Black people could possibly be fed up with automatically being treated as guilty on-sight in many instances. Besides, people of every race have equal rights…on paper.
If you hadn’t already gotten enough life from Jon’s read, he even compiled a number of clips that show several hosts and commentators accused President Barack Obama, Eric Holder and Al Sharpton of being racial puppeteers. Nevermind that both President Obama and Al have called upon the public to engage in peaceful protests, sooo…
The comedic anchor really highlighted just how suspect this scapegoating is by asking, “Are those the three people responsible, or did you just name the only three Black guys you could think of?” We’re guessing the latter. John pulled the same trick with the first Black guys he could think of, too! According to him Jay Z, Urkel and Hank Aaron are directly responsible for the tensions in Ferguson.
As with everything on FOX News, the argument generally comes back around to how terrible the president is and how he’s supposedly destroying America.
Way to fall back on your rhetoric there, FOX!
Remembering Mike Brown On His 19th Birthday (May 20, 1996- August 9, 2014)
1. Mike Brown, just a normal 18-year-old on his way to collegeSource:Facebook 1 of 30
2. Mike Brown playing around with a family memberSource:Facebook 2 of 30
3. Mike Brown's mother Lesley McFadden and father, Michael Brown, Sr. at a press conference.Source:Associated Press 3 of 30
4. Lesley McSpadden, Mike Brown's mother and his stepfather, Louis Head, comfort each other after his death.Source:Associated Press 4 of 30
5. Residents of Ferguson, Missouri create a memorial where Mike Brown was killed.Source:Associated Press 5 of 30
6. Clergy and residents gather in Ferguson.Source:Francis family 6 of 30
7. Police in riot gear watch protesters in Ferguson.Source:Associated Press 7 of 30
8. Police and protestors come face to face in Ferguson.Source:Associated Press 8 of 30
9. Riot police on the scene in Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Associated Press 9 of 30
10. Protesters in Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Associated Press 10 of 30
11.11 of 30
12. Peaceful protest in Ferguson, Missouri.12 of 30
13. Howard University students stand in solidarity with Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Instagram 13 of 30
14. National Moment of Silence protest around the country, this one shut down Times SquareSource:Twitter 14 of 30
15. Missouri Highway Patrol captain Ron Johnson changes the police tone in Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Associated Press 15 of 30
16. Milwaukee, Wisconsin protestors stand in solidarity with Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Facebook 16 of 30
17. Out of the mouths of babes.Source:Facebook 17 of 30
18. A candle for peace glows as part of a vigil in St. LouisSource:Twitter 18 of 30
19. Teens in Philadelphia observe the NMOS'14. It's all about LOVE.Source:Bill Chenevert 19 of 30
20. Mike Brown allegedly involved in store confrontation/robbery before his death.Source:Ferguson Police 20 of 30
21. Police stats from Ferguson, Missouri.Source:Mother Jones infographic 21 of 30
22. Protesters vandalize a police vehicle outside of the Ferguson city hall on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.Source:AP 22 of 30
23. Police officers confront protesters Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.Source:AP 23 of 30
24. ferguson_pend1-custom24 of 30
25. Police shoot pepper spray toward protesters in front of the Ferguson Police Department on Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Ferguson, Mo.Source:AP 25 of 30
26. In this aerial photo,people look at a row of charred cars at a used car dealership, Tuesday, Nov. 25, 2014, in Dellwood, Mo.Source:AP 26 of 30
27. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Dallas, TX.Source:Instagram 27 of 30
28. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Atlanta, Georgia.Source:Instagram 28 of 30
29. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Boston, Massachusetts.Source:Instagram 29 of 30
30. Citizens protest the Ferguson Decision in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.Source:Instagram 30 of 30
Jon Stewart Drags FOX News For Ferguson Coverage & He Nails It [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com