Every preacher has his or her fair share of people waiting for him or her to slip up.

And Bishop T.D. Jakes is no exception as he personally responded to a “critic” who questioned a diamond ring he wore in one of his Instagram photos.

Taking to Jakes’ Instagram page, @photo_syn_the_sis, provided the following commentary, complete with scriptural references:

“I didn’t know that preachers wear diamond rings, preachers are supposed to be humble Like Jesus was and preach the real truth. You are not even close being like Jesus, you flash your ring, but the truth is you say you know God but do you really. God wouldn’t flash Jewelry around you really need to read your Bible. Acts 2:38 everything in the Bible is the truth, people need to open their eyes and read there Bible not listen to the things you want them to hear. Their BLOOD is on you @bishopjakes The things you say is sad you teach what you think they need to hear, But do you teach on how the Hair is a women’s Glory no you teach what you want them to hear. Man I feel sorry for you on judgment day. The Blood that is on your Hands, all these people that will burn in Hell with you and they will say WHY ??????? JOHN 8:47”

Upon seeing what his critic/hater had to say, Jakes took it on himself to respond in kind as he checked @photo_syn_the_sis for not doing his part in delivering a thorough observation of something that he obviously has a problem with.

“@photo_syn_the_sis Only cowards throw such rocks and then block their site for comment! My Diamond ring is my wedding ring. I’ve been married longer than you’ve been alive!” Jakes stated.

“The ring is not nearly as opulent as the jewels on the high priest’s vest that God designed. It had diamonds also Exodus 39:11 Incidentally, heaven is paved with gold so don’t go there either. It is people like you who have taught what they couldn’t explain. Pharisees indeed! I hope one day you will move from thinking women having uncut hair is more important that bridling your tongue. I love you nonetheless and I pray that all that water you were baptized in would soften your heart! Don’t follow people you don’t believe are preaching truth and you won’t have to lock your page! God bless you and goodnight!”

So there it is. So where do you stand on preachers wearing bling? Sound off below on whether you agree with Bishop Jakes or his Instagram critic.

(Photo Source: AP)

32 thoughts on “T.D. Jakes Checks Instagram Hater Questioning His Diamond Ring

1. Pauline on said:

GOD CREATED ALL THINGS ON EARTH AND IN HEAVEN.. AND IF YOUR EARTHLY FATHER DESIRES FOR YOU TO HAVE GOOD GIFTS THEN HOW MUCH MORE WILL YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER GIVE GOOD GIFTS TO HIS CHILDREN..THIS SCRIPTURE IS TAKEN FROM THE BOOK OF MATTHEW IN THE BIBLE.. IF GOD CREATED ALL THINGS THEN WHY CAN’T WE AS HIS CHILDREN HAVE THAT WHICH HE HAS CREATED??? PLEASE STOP THE JUDGING LETS LOOK AT GODS LOVE AND TRUTH OF HIS WORD.. GOD IS PRACTICAL AND USES THOSE THINGS TO TEACH US.. JUST LIKE A PARENT WHO LOVES AND BLESSES HIS/HER/THEIR CHILDREN, HOW MUCH MORE WOULD GOD LOVE YOU AND WANT YOU TO BLESS YOU SPIRITUALLY , PHYSICALLY AND NATURALLY??? THINK ABOUT IT.. LETS MAKE COMMON SENSE

2. Brother oh brother, this person is really off. Bishop Jakes makes his money from his preaching engagements and the books he writes. He doesn’t even take a salary from his church. He can buy whatever he wants. He worked for it. I’m tired of people twisting the scriptures!!! He answered this critic with love and dignity.

3. Watch the Wind on said:

Pow! If the person was in step, they would surely know what to say and when to say it. Ring or no ring, long hair/short hair, who cares. Are folks being saved and filled with the Holy Ghost? Are the messages that are being taught, life changing? How many souls have come to Christ as a result of that person’s message? Enough said. So many people would love to hear what the Bishop has to say and what I have to say. Let us not waste time on such foolishness. Ps. 121:1-8 Lets go!

4. lydia ruffin on said:

God bless you Bishop. I pray for you daily because you seek God for words to deliver to us. Your messages are straight from heaven cause they are always what we need or experiencing. Love you and Lady Jakes.

• Where were you when his lights were getting turned off, car was repossessed and when he was poor, him and nobody else wokew up and it was there, it didn’t come overnight and believe me I worked for all the diamonds and cars I have.

5. Church Girl on said:

Love the response! He went in a little lol, but he works extremely hard, preaches, teaches, and no doubt gives back to God more than a tenth. Many of us can’t say that while we sit and criticize. I see nothing wrong with his ring. It’s not like he came out looking like Flava Flav!!

6. seriously on said:

Good for you Bishop Jakes! You do not have explain nothing to these people, they are so jealous and encased with bitterness it is a waste of time. And only the true followers of Jesus knows haters is just evidence you are doing something right and on the right path…Because people like that are bitter and jealous because the are weak, cowardly and nothing at all…Because no cross, no glory!

7. I said it. on said:

Jealous much? Being broke down does not equate a Christian. T.D. Jakes is a writer, producer, has acted, etc. The man does have his own sources of income and should be able to reap the benefits of them. Jesus came through the line of King David. He was born in a manger, so that scripture could be fulfilled. He is the Lamb of God. He was brought expensive gifts as a baby.

8. Nicole on said:

I am more concern that a Pastor would respond in such a manner. While you do not have to justify yourself to people. A simple response would have suffice. Slow to judge, slow to anger and never a need to respond. Have a bless day.

9. The Truth on said:

I don’t know who these nay-sayers are, but my God said he will supply all my riches in glory, and will not withhold any good thing from me. This includes diamonds, gold, and more than all of the superficial stuff, a “right” spirit. God bless you Bishop Jakes, keep preaching what thus saith the Lord.

10. Jakes deserves to enjoy the fruits of his labor just like anyone else. He’s a writer, producer and hell of an actor. If you don’t believe, check out the video of him feeling the spirit while Tyler Perry lays hand on him. Shaking, eyes rolled back, showing only the whites, having a conniption. The whole nine. (Of course, that was directly after TP had handed over a one million dollar check). Hell, Denzel ain’t got nothing on the Jakester. So leave the man alone. He works for his.

11. He does not want none of Bishop T.D. Jake. This is an anointed man of God, knowledge runneth over, and enough inner-power to spare. I am here to tell you sir, “You got the wrong! Baby”

12. Nothing wrong with the bling, my problem is that they hide behind the bible ! If you have a fleshly liking keep it 100! If you have a 300k car, you know good and dam well you don’t need it, keep it real, your flesh wants it !

• seriously on said:

So sad, to spend your time judging others and being jealous and envious of others, because when you do you block your own blessing in your life…A whole lot of people do not need a 300,000 dollar car, except for the ones who can afford it…They can have whatever they can afford….now those single moms on welfare putting 1000.00 hair weaves on layaway needs a talking too.

13. glenbardoness on said:

Better choice for shopping for less, a safe 50 to 90 Percent discounts? >>W w w, glazeideaC0M

most of us are unaware of the almost incredible deals we can get from these sites I verified with BBB and was told that it was nice. How can the gift cards, laptops, cameras and all sorts of goodies that we all want for 50-90% discount to sell, I do not know, I know I bought my son a iÞad for less than $100 and my husband a lowes $250 gift certificate for$ 48. You will never think about shopping anyplace else?..

14. Kevin S. on said:

Religion is a business like any other. You pay for goods and services just like any other business. The only difference is that you have no idea what you will receive when its time to collect the benefits after a long life of contribution, and I don’t know of anyone who has been able to prove definitively that they receive the benefits. I get it that it is a coping mechanism for the fear of what happens at the end of this life and a means of implementing order among those still living and not willing to question the validity of what is promised, but it always seems that the ones who truly benefit are those who “lead” those sheep through life. One way or another we’ll have to face the end, but what I do know is that Mr. Jakes didn’t answer the question or discloses how much wealth he personally has from his career. Just think about it.

15. GOod job Pastor T. D jakes. SOund like a nut who hating on you. That critic is a nut. ANd who is he to tell who is going to hell? HE maybe there before anyone else. And from my understanding, Jesus wore Linen which was viewed in those days as the BEST just like Silk is viewed today.

16. it is amazing that some folks think sinners can wear good things but christians and pastors can not wear good things even though most christians are praying and trying to do right by God. Guess what, christians are going to be blessed.