Linda Orange of Houston, Texas is today’s ‘Thursday Morning Mom‘ winner.
Mmy mother is one of the most strongest women on earth. She always been the backbone of the entire family. She’s the oldest of five wonderful women. She’s raised six kids (two adopted), as well as help to raise numerous nieces and nephews as well as eleven grand kids and five great-grand kids. She retired a few years ago but went back to work six months later for the fact of being bored at home. She always bought everyone gifts for Christmas and never expected anything in return. Anytime anyone’s in need, she’s the one everyone leans on.
Well, this year money is tight and she’s not much into the holiday season because she’s unable to afford those gifts everyone is used to getting. This year, I feel that she should be the one receiving. She was talking about taking a trip to Vegas for the holiday but later changed her mind because of a lack of funds. Tom, if you could send my mom to Vegas for the holidays I would be eternally greatful. If anyone deserves it’s this wonderful woman I call my mom.
Love Em Or Hate Em: On Screen Moms
27 photos Launch gallery
1. Kimberly Elise played the naive, yet insanely sweet mom in 'Set It Off'
1 of 27
2. Monique played the hilariously funny mom on "The Parkers"
2 of 27
3. Wendy Racquel Robinson played the funny, neck-rolling 'Tasha Mack' on The Game.
3 of 27
4. Tasha Smith starred in 'Daddy's Little Girl's' as the ghetto, loud-mouthed baby mama.
4 of 27
5. Janet Hubert played the sassy mom on 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air'
5 of 27
6. Lisa Raye played the funny, witty mom on "All About Us"
6 of 27
7. Nia Long played the lovable mom in "Big Mama's House", "Are We There Yet"
7 of 27
8. Jackee Harry is most known for her role as "Lisa" in Sister, Sister.
8 of 27
9. Whitney Houston played Jordin Sparks' mom in 'Sparkle'
9 of 27
10. Everyone wanted "Clair Huxtable" as their mom, the stylish, hard-working attorney who kept her large family in-tact. (AP)
10 of 27
11. Who can forget A.J. Johnson in "Baby Boy" as Jody's fun-loving, feisty mother. (PR)
11 of 27
12. Juanita Moore's classic role as a maid whose daughter rejects her to pass as white in "Imiitation of Life." (Retna)
12 of 27
13. Angela Bassett as the "uppity" mom in "Jumping The Broom" or vengeful in "Waiting to Exhale" she always aces it. (PR)
13 of 27
14. Jenifer Lewis has been everyone's mama, including Tina Turner to Melvin's in the "Temptations" & many more. (PR)
14 of 27
15. Esther Rolle, best known as "Florida Evans" was the backbone of her family on "Good Times." (AP)
15 of 27
16. Alfre Woodard has commonly played the homemaking,hardworking, kind mother and does it great every time. (PR)
16 of 27
17. It was hard not to hate Lynne Whitfield in "Madea's Family Reunion" in her role as an evil mom.
17 of 27
18. Irma P. Hall's role as "Big Mama" in "Soul Food" surely had everyone leaving the theater in tears. (PR)
18 of 27
19. Loretta Devine has many heartwrenching roles as mom, including her classic role in "Waiting to Exhale." (PR)
19 of 27
20. Marla Gibbs as "Mary Jenkins" on "227" was the gossipy mom who had her friend's backs. (PR)
20 of 27
21. Diahann Carroll as the single mother in "Claudine" is very memorable. (PR)
21 of 27
22. Cicely Tyson always sheds a lot of wisdom to her deserving daughters in her roles as mom. (PR)
22 of 27
23. Halle Berry earned an Oscar for her role as mom in "Monster's Ball." (AP)
23 of 27
24. Tichina Arnold on "Everybody Hates Chris" as the loud, in-your-face mom who kept things in order for her three kids and husband. (PR)
24 of 27
25. Maybe memorable for not being so good, Beyonce played "Sharon" young mother in "Obsessed." (PR)
25 of 27
26. Jo Marie Payton was the better half of "Carl Winslow" who kept the Winslow family tight. (Retna)
26 of 27
27. Taraji P. Henson played opposite Tyrese Gibson as his mother in the movie "Baby Boy." (Photo: AP)
27 of 27