Popsugar. com shared an awesome story of a good deed, all the way from Albury, Australia.
When Tyson Crawley stopped to get some diesel for his truck and coffee before work, when he got to the register he realized he didn’t have his new debit card with him. We know the drill, right? Check and see if you have another card you can use. Crawley, a bit embarrassed, tried to use another card — but dang, he blanked on the card’s PIN number.
Now faced with a $110 bill, his dogs barking in the truck outside, and the reality that he was now definitely going to be late for work, he began to sweat bullets.
Then a total stranger walks in and comes up to him. The stranger had actually been in the store previously to get some coffee and noticed Crawley and his dilemma; so he came back in and asked the man if he needed some cash.
But that was a lot of money so at first, Crawley declined the kind offer. But then he asked if it would be OK to get the man’s number so he could transfer the money back to him as soon as he got home.
He asked the man to write his name and phone number down on the receipt.
Which he thought he saw the man do.
But when he looked at the receipt, “John” had simply written his name and the message, “Pass it on.”
Before we go any further, how many assumed Crawley, the white dude, was the giver?
After a bit of investigating, Tyson Crawley discovered that the kindness had been extended to him by a man named John Kennedy Jr., (thumbs up in the photo above) who was a former ice hockey player from Michigan who now worked for some geotech company.
John Kennedy, Jr. spoke with Mashable about the encounter and said, “I saw a brother in need and just wanted to help.” Adding, “Tyson asked me to write my number down and I didn’t want him to return the money, I just thought ‘pass it on’ as in pass on ‘something good.’”
At Popsugar press time the story had received 900 reactions, 200 shares, and 100 comments on Facebook. But these numbers have no doubt changed since then.
The Mashable article has 2.4K shares!
Both men are shocked at the response their story is getting because after all, good news doesn’t sell.
And just look at the smiles on those faces; especially on the face of the giver. I am sure his genuine act of kindness left him walking on Cloud 9.
2. HAPPY CHILDREN=QUALITY PARENTING. We don't always see eye to eye on everything and that's normal. We're human beings. But we come together and do it right for what's important, the kids. We are not enemies, we are parents. And we are parents 1st. S/O to @monyettashaw for making Mason's bday memorable. S/O to @itscrystalsmith at home taking care of our other lil' Prince. ❤️❤️❤️ THIS IS WHAT CO-PARENTING LOOKS LIKE. #Blessed #Happy #AboveTheDrama #BiggerThanUs
2 of 31
3. So happy to finally be able to share with you all that I’m the new Global Brand Ambassador for @Revlon! Follow my day on RevlonSnaps. Yay! Choose Love, Everybody! #RevlonXCiara #chooselove #ad
7. Today was not easy..but by the grace of God we all got through it. Words cannot express our gratitude for all of your Prayers, Positive thoughts and Support for us throughout the years. Tommy will be missed but most certainly never forgotten...And PLEASE don't ask "Where's Martin?.." he was there too...just not in this picture. Lol! God bless you all.. #LoveConquersAll #MartinShow
7 of 31
8 of 31
9. West coast get ready for #RockyHorror. I will be live tweeting again. #letsdothetimewarpagain
9 of 31
10. #THEKEYS pre order yours now ... Available everywhere #NOV22 #WeTheBest 🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑
10 of 31
11. We about to ROCK at #KCABlackBall!! All for our life-changing effort to end 🌎 AIDS.
11 of 31
12. Today's #SNAPJACK is brought to you by @yazzthegreatest 😂😂😂💋💋💋
12 of 31
13. Damn girl you kinda old to be headed to the Go Go. You coming in at the age they leaving. LMAO
13 of 31
14. Daddy daycare B-Boxin with @acewellstucker @shopraisingace
14 of 31
15. #FBF Naviyd & URV "LIL MONSTERS"
15 of 31
16. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ONE OF THE BIGGEST LEGENDS IN OUR HIPHOP HISTORY! @snoopdogg CONTINUED BLESSING AND LOVE FAMILY!!!!! REAL OG!
16 of 31
17. Thank you for a beautiful night VSU! Let's do it again! #HOMECOMING
17 of 31
18. Had a great time this morning with my familia Erica, Griff & Truth!!
18 of 31
19. Check out my interview on @essence facebook live. #inmyownwords #nycpromo #day2
22. Why me and @coryhardrict got the same pose... and notee... new mouth #naked
22 of 31
23. When my husband is my personal 'hype-man'! it kills me every time! 💜😂 #WHATNOW #lostfiles📷
23 of 31
24. Diggy Simmons
24 of 31
25. Hand full of @jacquieaiche 💙💎💍 @esnail_la 💅🏾
25 of 31
26. SuperSoulers! You can watch my interview with Carl Lentz live from my Facebook page, tomorrow at 11a ET| 8a PT. #SuperSoulSunday
26 of 31
27. 💋 .. When the friendship is easy like Sunday morning. ☀️
27 of 31
28. Sunday mornings are the best........... hugs and cuddles with my angel
28 of 31
29. #huggar16 #hellohuggars
29 of 31
30. My gym is everywhere!.. #RnBMoney #TheGeneral 📸: @twelvepastseven
30 of 31
31. Nothing I would rather be doing... Rocko setting up our movie, Romelō working on a puzzle & Laiyah singing and sharing all she's learning at school... I'm so grateful for the joy they've brought into my life ... Praying for peace , joy & love in the home of EVERY family ♥️ #HeadScarfPJSunday LOL 😂