Unconfirmed reports about “Good Morning America” co-anchor Robin Roberts planning a secret wedding with her alleged girlfriend have surfaced on the web.
The blog Mstarz.com claims that Roberts, 52, is about to wed independent film director Storm Sahara, a woman first linked to the TV anchor from a Feb. 2013 article in the National Enquirer.
Although Roberts remains very hush-hush about her love life ad sexual orientation, she has been romantically “linked” to former Czech American tennis player and coach Martina Navratilova as well as former Auburn University basketball coach Nell Fortner. But again, these are just RUMORS currently circulating on the web. Roberts never officially came out as being in a romantic relationship with either woman.
Now reports have it that Roberts may be dating a fellow colleague at ‘GMA’ named Storm Sahara, but such rumors are hard to believe considering no valid information concerning this partner seems to exist. One report currently flying around on the web, with no reputable source to support such claims, insists: “It is no secret that Robin Roberts long time girlfriend is Storm Sahara, it’s under wraps because of their 23 year age difference.”
Now, Mstars has learned from an unidentified source that Roberts and Sahara are indeed a couple. In an email sent on Friday, March 22, the unnamed source claims:
“I work closely with Robin Roberts on a daily basis, so yes I know a great deal about her and Storm Sahara. They are indeed extremely private but only because of Robin. Storm is known throughout the LGBT community. She’s an independent film director – she also owns a few boutiques throughout North and South Carolina. Since [Mstars’] last month’s publication, things have been very silent between those two. However, they are back together, and from what I know a date has been put in place for a private wedding.
“According to Robin there will be no family or coworkers involved. Kind of sad because I thought at least she would invite her Glam Squad or co-anchors. But this is their wish in agreement…
“…I admire Robin – she’s a wonderful person with a big heart. They are a very beautiful couple, and I feel because of Robin’s position she shouldn’t be afraid to tell the world about her beautiful wife to be.”
Celebrating Breast Cancer Survivors
22 photos Launch gallery
1. Richard Roundtree was diagnosed with a rare male breast cancer in '93 and underwent a double mastectomy at age 61.
1 of 22
2. Wanda Sykes found out she had breast cancer when she went in for a breast reduction. She opted for a double mastectomy.
2 of 22
3. Angelina Jolie tested positive for the breast cancer gene BRCA1 in 2014. As a result she had a double mastectomy.
3 of 22
4. Robin Roberts was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2007 and returned to work a month after surgery & chemo. (AP)
4 of 22
5. Diahann Carroll was diagnosed in 1998 & 10 years later she had a bestselling comedic book about her battle with breast cancer.
5 of 22
6. Sheryl Crow was diagnosed at age 44 in 2006 and credits early detection to her survival. (AP)
6 of 22
7. Patti LaBelle was diagnosed in 2005 and is cancer-free today. (Photo: AP)
7 of 22
8. Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2005 at age 37 and is now cancer free after chemo. (Photo:AP)
8 of 22
9. Hoda Kotb was diagnosed in 2006 and underwent a mastectomy & reconstructive surgery. She is now cancer-free. (AP)
9 of 22
10. Fashion designer Betsy Johnson was diagnosed in 2002 is now cancer-free. (Photo: AP)
10 of 22
11. Giuliana Rancic was diagnosed at age 36 and underwent a double mastectomy. (Photo: AP)
11 of 22
12. Rene Syler chose to have a preventive mastectomy due to carrying the breast cancer gene. She is cancer-free today and happy.
12 of 22
13. Christina Applegate underwent a double mastectomy and is now cancer-free and working harder than ever. (AP)
13 of 22
14. Poet and author Nikki Giovani battled and conqured both lung and breast cancer.
14 of 22
15. Melissa Ethridge was diagnosed in 2004 at age 43. She performed at the 2005 Grammy Awards bald, beautiful & cancer-free.
15 of 22
16. Retired WNBA player Edna Campbell is a breast cancer survivor and penned a Breast Cancer Recovery Manual. (AP)
16 of 22
17. Cynthia Nixon of Sex & the City fame was diagnosed in 2006. She had a lumpectomy and radiation and is now cancer-free.
17 of 22
18. Peter Criss The ex-KISS drummer who penned the power ballad “Beth” is one the few faces of male breast cancer & survivor. PR
18 of 22
19. Actress, director and Oscar-winner Kathy Bates recently revealed she had a double mastectomy and is doing great. PR
19 of 22
20. Singer, novelist, actress & model Marsha Hunt was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2004 and is now cancer free. (Pinterest)
20 of 22
21. Oklahoma state Sen. Judy Eason McIntyre is a survivor and a tireless advocate for breast cancer research. (Flickr)
21 of 22
22. Nancy Brinker founder of the Susan G Komen for the Cure Foundation is also a breast cancer survivor. (AP)
22 of 22