It’s 2014! Time for those New Year’s resolutions, like losing weight, eating better, etc. But we as black folks should make a collective resolution to do better. Here’s our list of things black folks should stop doing and saying in the new year.
17 Things Black Folks Should Stop Doing/Saying in 2014
14 photos Launch gallery
1. Black folks should stop glorifying fight videos.
1 of 14
2. Black folks should stop saying they will pay you back and then don't.
2 of 14
3. Black men should stop dressing in drag.
3 of 14
4. Black folks should stop popping molly and drinking sizzurp.
4 of 14
5. Black folks should stop watching so much television and read more books.
5 of 14
6. Black folks should stop giving their kids names they can't even spell.
6 of 14
7. Black folks (especially men) should stop wearing skinny jeans.
7 of 14
8. Black folks should stop taking selfies.
8 of 14
9. Black folks should stop twerking.
9 of 14
10. Black folks (really all folks) should stop texting and driving.
10 of 14
11. Black folks should stop glorifying the Housewives/Love and Hip Hop-type shows.
11 of 14
12. Black folks should stop complaining about the government and do something about it (i.e. voting in local elections, etc.)
12 of 14
13. Black women should stop shaving the sides of their heads.
13 of 14
14. Black folks should stop getting butt injections.
14 of 14