If you read through the comments under Tamar Braxton’s recent photos on Instagram, you will find a lot of comments from people talking about her appearance.

It’s divided. Some are praising the singer, while others are tearing her apart for her “bad” make-up or her skin appearing too light.

Which brings up a couple of questions: Why do we say negative things about the celebs we supposedly love? Are we too consumed with celebrities’ physical appearance? Do we even have a right to comment?

Check out the photos and see Tamar’s subliminal response below then head to the comment section and let us know what you think.

Even when he's not here… I give him the same look💋

A post shared by Taytay❤️ (@tamarbraxton) on

When THIS is your Pisces crew💋 is this your girl crew???💅🏾 #getyourlifetogether 😩😂

A post shared by Taytay❤️ (@tamarbraxton) on

👯❤

A post shared by Taytay❤️ (@tamarbraxton) on

Tamar’s response:

🤔The FACTS!!! ….💑.. light a candle and shake some chicken feet to THAT shit tho😂😂

A post shared by Taytay❤️ (@tamarbraxton) on

Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on
Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.

16 thoughts on “SOUND OFF: Are People Obsessed With Celebrities’ Physical Appearances?

1. Who cares??!! Her life, her money. Nobody’s opinion matters. Save your keystrokes for world peace and hungry children.

2. specialt757 on said:

I swear I thought this was iggy or marlon or shawn wayans from white chicks. It looked a little like tamar but wow!

3. Oh yeah on said:

Yes, people are obsessed with celebs and how they look; celebs who are not obsessed with their looks like Whoopi and others, we trash on how they look. And this is not limited to celebs either. We ALL are guilty of doing this to celebs, people on our jobs, family members, etc. Those who say they are not obsessed with celebs, go back and pull up some of their past posted comments. See what you see. You see some who have talked about celebrities hair, skin tone, make up, clothes, etc. so yes, people are obsessed.

• Sarah on said:

Well said!! If you put a post about world peace and people being hungry and one about Blu Ivy’s hair, see which one will get the most comments.

• specialt757 on said:

Sarah, I agree and it would be nice to care about world hunger and people who need help the most in the world, but with all the garbage that’s thrown our way 24/7 through the various news and media outlets it’s hard not to become consumed with the total nonsense of it all. I don’t like social media but everyone in my house has some type of social media something or other so we are constantly bombarded with garbage and unwanted information, so much so that it makes your head spin. I actually have to tune all the way out and get back to things like silence and reading a book just to focus on something else. This media OVER-KILL, is making us dumber and dumber.

4. Armelia Mason on said:

I believe celebrities are stuck on their appearances to the point that they try too hard and loose their God given looks. Because We don’t see it! Vanity aint no joke. Luther Vandross went through that stage and finally said enough. The Braxton’s try too hard to be noticed, heard and accepted. I only care for Toni – that’s it!. The other sisters need to chill and pick up their home life and get it together – SO much heartbreak from their loved ones. Why are they still on the air?

5. FallMornings on said:

I think they are more obsessed with their image. I choose not to fill my breast and behind with unnatural injections. And for God’s sake, take that fake blonde crap out of your head!!!

6. African American Woman on said:

I couldn’t care less about a “celebrity”…this is why I hate social media and it’s impact on society… Everybody wants to be seen and praised 24-7…she does look plastic though-put yourself out there and folks will tell you what they think..it’s human nature

7. Shirley on said:

I don’t love any celebrity (well except Denzel 😉 ). I admire a few for their talent and roles they play but most are train wrecks with super sized egos. Tamar is too full of herself. I cant listen to or watch her.

8. Who said we loved them? I don’t love celebrities. Even if I did, I’d still say this one looks like a ventriloquist’s dummy. Looks like she should be perched on somebody’s knee with a fist up her ass. She looks creepy.