The mother of NBA star Kevin Durant will be the subject of an upcoming Lifetime original movie to be executive produced by Queen Latifah and Shakim Compere’s Flavor Unit.
Cassandra Freeman (Inside Man, Single Ladies) will star in the biopic, tentatively titled “The Real MVP: The Wanda Pratt Story.” The film will follow her journey as a single mom who struggled and sacrificed to raise her two sons, Tony and Kevin.
When he was named 2014’s NBA Most Valuable Player, Kevin Durant singled out his mother as “the real MVP” for all of her sacrifices that allowed him to pursue his dreams.
Tracie Thoms will play Pratt’s best friend and confidant. Pauletta Washington will play Pratt’s mom Barbara, while actors Daniel Bellomy and Nic Few will play the adult Kevin and Tony, respectively.
Watch his speech below:
Girl Power: Saluting The Best In Sports
1. Misty CopelandSource:Misty Copeland Facebook 1 of 13
2. Cappie PondexterSource:Cappie Instagram 2 of 13
3. Skylar DigginsSource:Vogue via Skylar Diggins Instagram 3 of 13
4. Ronda RouseySource:Ronda Instagram 4 of 13
5. Jackie Joyner KerseeSource:Courtesy 5 of 13
6. Althea GibsonSource:AP 6 of 13
7. Allyson FelixSource:Allyson Instagram 7 of 13
8. Venus and Serena WilliamsSource:AP 8 of 13
9. Lisa Leslie9 of 13
10. Laila AliSource:PR 10 of 13
11. Gabby DouglasSource:PR 11 of 13
12. Dominique DawesSource:PR 12 of 13
13. Sanya Richards RossSource:Sanya Instagram 13 of 13
(Photo Source: Kevin Durant Instagram)