PLAY AUDIO

Jacque Reid talks to JimDre Westbrook, the 30-year-old virgin who has made his journey to abstain from sex until marriage public.

“I told my mom at 14 I wanted to wait until I was married for sex. Being in Las Vegas presents some challenges. You can get your hands on things literally. Women have been very receptive. They’re very respectful of my wishes,” Westbrook said.

Click the link above to hear the entire interview.

31 thoughts on “Jacque Reid Talks To JimDre Westbrook, The 30-Year-Old Virgin

1. psnthersdec on said:

the minute he start talking about his mom our bedroom is already crowded with me, him and her. He might be cute now but if he was in his 40’s and getting close to 50 women gonna think what is wrong with him and start thinking he is gay or not good in bed.

2. Truth on said:

Life is about choices; JimDre made and is making his, unusual to most of us as it is. Frankly, I don’t care if he is a virgin or not; to many other issues to be addressed and needs to be addressed by Jackie. I think Jackie has some sexual hang ups and idiosincracies that she needs to be in therapy for and she goes on a search for others to validate herself. Jackie really wants to give it up!!

3. I applaud the young man for his commitment to God, his spiritual belief, and his fortitude. That is a courageous stand and a testimony in itself.

• Amber on said:

I agree and I love it. I am sure he get comments from a few people but it is best to get talk about being a virgin (JimDre) than being talked about being a wh*re (Kim K, Tiger Woods, etc) who are doing all of the sex in the world.

• Shaun on said:

Yes, he should be truly get the applause and more. We’re living in times where so many people will give it up to anyone… He will be blessed

• Amber on said:

Well, even if he does, it is his choice. No different than people who do get husbands and wives and put themselves into corners. Many people who have had sex outside of marriage and who are married are not happy so it is a choice one make in life. Either way, he made his choice. Really, I prefer the choice he made. If he does not find a wife, then he can still feel good about himself. Some folks have had 3 wives who are the same age as him and they are now single as well. At least this guy wont have “baggage” if he does not find a wife.

• Got your point! He would not have gone public with this if he was not serious. I wish him well and hopes he finds the lady of his dreams.

4. specialt757 on said:

@ Joy2, what does listening to the show and being on BAW commenting on the news & stories out here have anything to with the other? They are two different outlets as far as I’m concern. I can read a story on here and not listen to the TJMS. I’m not sure how else to explain that. And I know that Tom is responsible for creating this website.

• Special: I hear you, and I get it that someone can choose to only visit a website, and not listen to a show (in fact I’m sure that happens quite often for many reasons….for example someone may be at work, and can’t listen). I just wanted to hear what your response to my question would be. You answered the question. Thanks LOL

• specialt757 on said:

Great Joy2 because I don’t come on here to make enemies, I just come to laugh, thanks for your comment.

• Amber on said:

True, many of the topics on here are often not even discussed in detail on TJMS but they are on the website for discussion. I love Tom and Jay and yes I know Jay is stupid and silly at times; however, when it came to this topic and the young man was there on the phone talking about being responsible, I want this young man to be applauded (which I think he does over all by most people who know him). Like I said, I get Tom in my area but when this section came on, the radio in my area went silent when Tom and Jay started to talk and then after ten minutes the show came back on. I came on here and I was able to hear what the guy was saying. I think my areas tone Tom out for the kind of remarks he and Jay was making because they did not want to offend anyone by Tom and Jay comments.

5. The part I don’t get is….He’s 31, and it appears that he hasn’t found anyone he wants to marry(?) What’s up with that? There are millions of women out here, and I’m thinking he would have at least been attracted to someone, and want to get married. He’s not a 20 year old…he’s 30. Again….what’s up with that? Plus he threw god into the mix. I would think god would want you to get married to one of the zillions of available Christian women. As far as I’m concerned these so called Christian (males) that aren’t married are a bunch of shigady (code word for excuses)! Like a deacon in the church that isn’t married. Ridiculous!!

• Amber on said:

Who are you to speak about someone else life? SO what if there are millions of women, Maybe the ones he is coming in contact with are not qualified to be with him just like there are women who have NEVER been married with all the millions of men. HE does NOT have to justify nothing to you or anyone else. If you want to sleep with everyone, that is fine BUT RESPECT what someone else choose to do and not use sex and some lose cannon. He does not have not excuses, he is just saying what he is all about.

• Amber: I’m able to speak about this just like YOU, and every one else is. Duuuuuh It’s a Comments Section. You need to chill, and not take this whole thing so seriously. I don’t. There are plenty of things I take seriously; but this story isn’t one of them.

• Amber on said:

I know you can speak just like I can respond. You seem like you need to chill as well. You act like you can get into this guys mind and if he is doing something wrong and calling men Shigady because they do not live by your rules of life. I know a 46 year old virgin (she is woman and my cousin) and she will not except anything less and people applaud her and her life is in better shape than us who went out her sleeping with folks unmarried. There are men she liked but when they show their “true colors, she leave them-and it turns out those men were dogs. If I know what I know now, I would have done the same thing.

• Amber on said:

And he did said he was attracted to some women . It may be that those women were NOT the one just like we as women date man and if he is not the one, we kick him to the curb.

6. Shaun on said:

Tom and J. Anthony Brown – very disrespectful and rude. We should be encouraging him to stay on the path instead of asking dumb questions.

• Amber on said:

In my area, Tom went off the air during this section and came back on within 10 minutes. After what you all are saying about Tom and Jay and what they were saying , I think in my area, the station did not want to offend anyone who was virgin. Good. I am proud of this young man. Need more men like him instead of these other men running around sleeping with everything and having babies with every soul.

• If someone doesn’t want to be critiqued then I would suggest not agreeing to come on a Radio/Talk show. We all knew this was going to happen (including Jacque). Tom, and J were funny to me. But I enjoy humor, and don’t take every thing in life so serious. Get a gripe people……laughter is the best medicine

• Amber on said:

True, but humor or not, when folks “critique” people who come on the show, Tom and Jay and others need to be prepared for being “critiquing” themselves by the listeners. it goes both ways.

• specialt757 on said:

Joy2 I love to laugh as a matter of fact I come out here on BAW just to get my laughs and kicks, mostly from these comments. However, Tom & Jay are always over-the-top about EVERYONE, no filters, and they are not always funny. But having a sense of humor is not the issue, most everyone has a sense of humor of some type, (something makes them laugh) and may not think what they say is funny ALL the time. ijs

• Laughter is a great medicine. But so is making a decision to try and live your life more Christ-like as well. I know however, to most people it is not important to try and live a moral and value-filled life. Men and women shouldn’t even be having sex prior to marriage. Nor should they be living together like they are married. People skip by those important first steps to get to where they want to be. Then they wonder why a relationship didn’t work. It’s because you ignored GOD in all your dealings and now you want him to bless your union or relationship?

• Amber on said:

Words of wisdom The Duke. The drama many of us could have avoided if I would have done this. Even look at our community, 70% of black babies born out of wedlock, empty fatherless homes, etc, men who sleep with women and do not marry them (getting the milk for free) and wonder why they (women) are not respected and why things are going the way that they are going. As someone said, waht if he does not find a wife, then he wont have the “baggage” so even if he is “alone” he can be content instead of full of anger from all the women who used him, got kids from him and having baby moma drama.

• Amber on said:

I believe him because he did not have to tell nothing. I am glad. It is about time we have people with standards. Not everyone jumps in the sack with everyone and if they did then they will be called a wh*re.

7. Tonya on said:

Tom and Jay are so damn rude and disrespectful. This man does not have to tell you if/when/how often he self pleasures himself. He made the decision to wait til marriage. Nothing wrong with that. Respect that. Everything is not a joke. Tom always wants to get deep in your business but he never said a word when he and Donna divorced. He and his morning crew don’t mention her name at all. Why is that Tom?

• specialt757 on said:

I agree 100%, I said that years ago. Tom never talks or mentions his breakup and divorce but is always so critical of everybody else. This is not a good look for him or Jay, and they even recruited Cybil in their mess, she’s all in. He’s no longer on the radio in my city, I can’t even find him on any apps, other than his and I won’t even download it. I wonder if the station managers or “powers that be” are just sick of him or if he’s just simply played out.

• Special: So you “said that years ago”, and the show is no longer on in your area, and you don’t want to download the app; yet you are on BAW everyday commenting (and, for the record so am because I like the show, and like commenting). If I didn’t like a show, or enjoy the different topics, and comments…then I (me) wouldn’t go on their website everyday commenting. SMH I don’t get it. Perhaps I misunderstood your comments

• Amber on said:

I agree. And who to say he does that to himself? Folks need to stop trying to think everyone is like them. People are NOT all alike.

8. Amber on said:

That is great. It is great to see people who have controll over themselves. I know a woman now who is 46 who is still a virgin. It is common than many people think. Too much premarital sex, dieases, people who want to have sex with you and then they will leave once they get it, golddiggers, etc to be out sleeping around. This need to be more celebrated. We have celebrated sleeping around for too long and look where it got us.