Searching for a reason to spew their venom, racists seized on the lack of an obvious handicap to attack a 30-year-old blind Maryland man, berating him for using a handicapped spot at a shopping center, reports MyFoxDC.
The incident occurred Sunday in Silver Springs, when D’Anthony White and his fiancée returned from shopping to find a note on the windshield of the car. The note, which White uploaded to Facebook, said: “The only thing hadicap (sic) on you is your brain you lazy [n*gger].”
White is legally blind, but he does not typically use a cane or wear glasses. He said the note was left even though he displayed his parking placard. White was a passenger in the vehicle.
“My initial reaction was, ‘You don’t know if I have a disability or not. All disabilities are not visible,’” said White. “Just because you can’t see my disability, don’t make the assumption I don’t have one.”
In a post on his Facebook page, White explained how Sunday’s incident was not the first time he has encountered problems because of his disability.
White says he tries not to let “the ignorance bother” him too much, because then the ignorant folk win. Good for him.
Watch the news video here:
SOURCE: MyFoxDC | VIDEO CREDIT: MyFoxDC
And We Thought We Came So Far: The Most Racist Moments Of 2014
1. 2014's Most Racist Moments1 of 23
2. Artie Lange's Racist & Sexist TweetSource: 2 of 23
3. Sephora Singles Out Asian Customers3 of 23
4. Twitter Racists Hate The "New Annie"Source: 4 of 23
5. People Magazine's Lame HTGAWM Tweet5 of 23
6. '12 Years A Slave' Headlines That Hurt6 of 23
7. Fergson Protestors Labeled 'Animals'7 of 23
8. Huffington Post's Really Uncomfortable "Once You Go Black" List8 of 23
9. Ebola9 of 23
10. "Breathe Easy, Don't Break The Law" Shirts10 of 23
11. Fraternity Uses Dark-Skinned Blow Up Doll As Beyonce Sex Doll11 of 23
12. Sony's Racist EmailsSource: 12 of 23
13. New Hampshire Police Commissioner Calls Obama The N-Word13 of 23
14. Racist Halloween Costumes14 of 23
15. Richard Sherman Gets Called a 'Thug' By Media15 of 23
16. Watermelon Toothpaste Cartoon Featuring Obama16 of 23
17. Shonda Rhimes Labeled "Angry Black Woman" By NYT17 of 23
18. Donald Sterling's Rant18 of 23
19. Bill O'Reilly19 of 23
20. John Boyega Responds To Racist Star Wars Fans20 of 23
21. Don Lemon Being Don Lemon21 of 23
22. New York Times Called Michael Brown 'No Angel'22 of 23
23. Booker T. Washington WalkoutSource: 23 of 23
Racists Leave Note On Blind Man’s Car Windshield For Parking In Handicapped Spot was originally published on newsone.com