Alfonso Ribeiro may have just thrown himself out of the competition “Dancing With The Stars” right along with his spine.
The “Fresh Prince of Bel-Air” star has gotten pretty banged up this season on “DWTS.” He injured his groin while practicing his famous dance, the Carlton. Everyone was waiting to see him bust out his signature move, so he might have done just a little too much physically. On the upside, his Carlton was crisp! Fate can be so cruel.
That injury may have inadvertently caused another one. A source close to production told TMZ.com that Alfonso hurt his back on Wednesday night during rehearsal as he tried to overcorrect for his pulled groin. The actor hurt himself so badly that he had to skip practice on Thursday to get an MRI, and he has yet to get back onto the dance floor.
Dancing may be the least of his concerns, however. There’s word that Alfonso is having a really hard time walking around.
This is a devastating development for Alfonso, who performed a stunning routine with two partners earlier this week. The quarter finals are set to begin on Monday, and he’s so close to the coveted Mirrorball Trophy he can check his reflection in it.
Alfonso hasn’t had to turn in his dancing shoes just yet, but doctors have told him that the next two days will determine whether he’ll be able to go for another spin around the ballroom.
Alfonso Ribeiro Bowing Out Early On “Dancing With The Stars”? was originally published on hellobeautiful.com