After all the controversy over who would play Aaliyah in the forthcoming Lifetime biopic, actress Alexandra Shipp got the part. She talks to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” about how she got cast after Zendaya decided not to do the film.
Alexandra also discusses the impact Aaliyah had on Black women, and the challenges she faced playing such an influential young woman in music. Plus, hear what she said about R. Kelly reaching out to her, and what she really wants to know about him, and Aaliyah in this exclusive interview!
Get more celebrity interviews here and tune in to “The Rickey Smiley Morning Show” LIVE weekdays from 6-10 a.m. EST!
Who We Think Should Be Cast In Aaliyah’s Biopic
1. Casting The Aaliyah Biopic…1 of 10
2. Omar Gooding As Timbaland2 of 10
3. Columbus Short As Dame Dash3 of 10
4. Jamie Foxx As R. Kelly4 of 10
5. Danielle Brooks As Missy Elliott5 of 10
6. Terrence J As Aaliyah’s Brother Rashad Haughton6 of 10
7. Affion Crockett As Jay Z7 of 10
8. Justin Combs As Ginuwine8 of 10
9. Michael K. Williams As DMX9 of 10
10. Aaliyah’s Mother Diane Haughton10 of 10
Alexandra Shipp Discusses Aaliyah’s Impact On Black Women was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com