If you are like most people, your hands take a pretty bad beating. You may not realize it, but the daily wear on your hands will begin to make them look old, cracked, wrinkly and just not flattering. Here is a simple, yet skin nourishing natural recipe that you can create to counter the constant abuse you put your hands through.
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/8 cup sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 10 drops myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops cedarwood essential oil
- Melt the shea butter, beeswax and sweet almond oil together in a double boiler. (I just use a Pyrex measuring cup and place it in a pot of simmering water).
- Stir the mixture as it melts.
- Once everything is melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the essential oils and pour the liquid hand butter into a small glass container. Allow it to harden completely (this usually takes several hours).
- Apply the hand butter to your dry hands as often as needed–especially after a long day working outside or playing in the dirt.