Bobbi Kristina is not happy about the Lifetime biopic being made about her mother Whitney Houston‘s life.
Last week, it was revealed acclaimed actress Angela Bassett will make her directorial debut with the biopic set for a 2015 release.
But soon after this news broke, Houston’s family became vocal about not supporting the film. And Bobbi Kristina joined soon after.
“I don’t know how to feel, this so called “film” isn’t in my positive thoughts. That’s MY mother, what makes YOU think that’s ok with me?” she tweeted.
But it sounds like she’s more upset about not playing her mother than the movie being made.
“Any1 would or should EVER play my mother & tell OUR story, we’ve talked MANYtimes&1&ONLY person she approved of is ME. Understand that,” she continued. “&& I hope that answers every && ANYONES questions about it to me. You don’t have to like it, but it WILL be respected .. Always&4ever.”
Nevertheless, she knows her mother is a legend, and folks want to honor her.
She added, “TRULY understand ppl want 2love&honor#HERSTORY way they think should be told. But simply out of respect, All I ask isn’t mucho lol :).”
Whitney: Remembering The Music Icon Through The Years (August 9, 1963 - February 11, 2012)
1. Whitney Houston as a child with her mother Cissy HoustonSource:- 1970 - © Gary Czvekus - Retna Ltd 1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston performing live in 1986Source:© Peter Mazel / Sunshine / Retna 2 of 25
3. Whitney Houston 1986Source:Neil Mathews © Retna Ltd. 3 of 25
4. Whitney Houston in 1987 at the Shrine AuditoriumSource:david plastik / PR Photos 4 of 25
5. Whitney Houston and dad John in Philadelphia 1980's.Source:© Scott Weiner / Retna Ltd. 5 of 25
6. Whitney Houston, Dion Warwick and Cissy Houston 1980'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna 6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston in 1993Source:Retna 7 of 25
8. Whitney Houston at the Grammy Awards in the 1990'sSource:© Larry Busacca / Retna UK 8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston at the American Music Awards in 1994Source:Retna 9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's in the 1990'sSource:Retna 10 of 25
11. Whitney Houston and then husband Bobby Brown in the 1990'sSource:PR Photos 11 of 25
12. Whitney Houston mid 1990'sSource:© Busacca / Retna UK Credit all uses 12 of 25
13. Whitney Houston with her mom Cicely Houston and music titan Clive Davis in 1998.Source:(PR) 13 of 25
14. AMFAR Season of Hope Awards Winter Garden, NYC in 1998Source:© Retna Ltd. 14 of 25
15. The Brit. Awards London Arena 1999Source:© Craig Barritt / Retna Ltd. 15 of 25
16. Whitney Houston in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World Premiere.Source:PR Photos 16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston with Bobbi Kristina and Bobby Brown in 2004 at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" World PremiereSource:PR Photos 17 of 25
18. Whitney Houston at the 17th Carousel Of Hope Ball Beverly Hilton in 2006Source:Retna Ltd. 18 of 25
19. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2007Source:PR Photos 19 of 25
20. Whitney Houston at Clive Davis' Grammy's Pre-Party in 2008Source:PR Photos 20 of 25
21. Whitney Houston performs for Good Morning America in 2009Source:© Derek Storm/Retna 21 of 25
22. Whitney Houston in 2010Source:PR Photos 22 of 25
23. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:Pr Photos 23 of 25
24. Whitney Houston at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 24 of 25
25. Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi- Kristina at the Grammy's Pre-Party in 2011.Source:PR Photos 25 of 25
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information, call 407-248-9191.
(Photo Source: PR Photos)