Terry Crews is coming to daytime television.
The “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star will take over as host of the syndicated game show, “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire” which starts its 13th season in the fall. He succeeds Cedric the Entertainer, who said last week he would be leaving after hosting for one year.
In addition to Fox’s “Brooklyn,” Crews appears in the upcoming film “Blended,” and his first book, Manhood, comes out on May 20.
“I’m beyond thrilled to be joining ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ and the Disney-ABC family,” Crews said in a statement accompanying the announcement. “Millionaire is such a beloved franchise and I can’t wait to get started as the new host. In addition to my film projects … hosting has always been a dream of mine, and I couldn’t have asked for a greater opportunity.”
Disney-ABC Domestic Television president Janice Marinelli praised Crews, who played in the NFL. “Terry is engaging, endearing, smart, and quick on his feet – the perfect combination to lead one of the longest-running franchises in game show history.”
“Millionaire” is moving production from New York to Stamford, Conn., for the upcoming season. James Rowley is joining the show as executive producer.
Meredith Vieira hosted the first 11 seasons of the syndicated edition, which grew out of a one-time, prime-time ratings juggernaut hosted by Regis Philbin.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
Bald & Buff Celebrity Men
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Terry Crews is known for his muscles and bald head.
1 of 16
2. Boris Kodjoe is a beautiful, bald man.
2 of 16
3. It really doesn't matter what Dwayne Johnson does to his head, we love it all.
3 of 16
4. Taye Diggs hair began receding pretty early, luckily he went with this look.
4 of 16
5. Tyrese has been one of our favorite bald men since his 'Sweet Lady' days.
5 of 16
6. Well we knew Ne-yo was bald, but who knew he was BUFF?
6 of 16
7. Michael Jordan may not be as buff as his playing days but he's not too bad for his age.
7 of 16
8. Sometimes Terrell Owens tries to grow his hair out, but bald is best.
8 of 16
9. Chad Johnson has always rocked a bald hair-do.
9 of 16
10. Samuel L. Jackson is definitely bald and we think he's in pretty good shape too.
10 of 16
11. Djimon Hounsou rocks the bald look all too well.
11 of 16
12. Romany Malco kills the bald and buff look. Have you seen 'Think Like A Man'?
12 of 16
13. Common has always had this look and never fails to impress!
13 of 16
14. Morris Chestnut giving us life with his bald and chiseled look!
14 of 16
15. Shemar Moore has always been buff but he' also joined the bald club and he's looking good!
15 of 16
16. L.L Cool J with his bald and buff self!
16 of 16