The Voice host Carson Daly interviewed the show’s judges Adam Levine, Usher Raymond, Blake Shelton, and Shakira for the Today show this morning, and Usher got personal, saying this past year has been a particularly rough.
“I lost my grandmother, my son was diagnosed as being a Type 1 diabetic. It has definitely been a difficult one for me, man,” he said.
The singer has not revealed which of his two boys is suffering from the blood sugar disease. He is father to six-year-old Usher Raymond V and five-year-old Naviyd, from his marriage to stylist Tameka Foster.
Ursh said he spends a lot of his spare time reading up on his son’s dietary requirements to ensure he is staying healthy, even when he’s on the set of The Voice.
“Sometimes you’re looking at me and we’re off camera, and I’m online looking at numbers, trying to make sure he’s eating properly. It’s crazy,” he said.
REGISTER NOW for the 2014 Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion taking place August 28- September 1, 2014 in Orlando, Florida! For booking information visit here.
Famous Celebrity Families
1. The BraxtonsSource:Instagram 1 of 12
2. DiddySource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Kevin Hart, his girlfriend Eniko and Kevin's kids Heaven and HendrixSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. Kimore Lee SimmonsSource:Instagram 4 of 12
5. Monica Brown and her kids, Romelo, Rocko and Lailah.Source:Instagram 5 of 12
6. Holly Robinson Peete, her husband Shaun and kidsSource:PR Photos 6 of 12
7. Brandy Norwood and Ray JSource:PR Photos 7 of 12
8. Diana Ross and her daughters Tracee, Chutney and RhondaSource:Instagram 8 of 12
9. Will, Jada, Willow and Jaden SmithSource:PR Photos 9 of 12
10. Swizz Beats and sonsSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. TI, Tiny and familySource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Dwayne Wade, Gabrielle Union and his two sons and nephewSource:Instagram 12 of 12