Last night, songstress Chrisette Michele rocked the Grammy Awards’ red carpet in a colorful Etro suit, white pumps and with two chocolatey guys by her side. She beautified her look with fire engine red lips coupled with stiletto nails and a kinky curly blond hightop. I love that she went for an unconventional look, plus the bra adds a dose of sex appeal. Bravo!
Chrisette’s menswear-inspired Grammy ensemble got me thinking of what a great printed blazer can do for a gal’s look. Here are some worth investing in:
Look #1: Alice + Olivia blazer (sale alert!)
Try a bold red printed Alice + Olivia blazer coupled with a triangle bra, Saint Laurent leather pants and ankle strap heels. Add Pixie Market gold rings, MAC Viva Glam lipstick and nude Bobbi Brown nail polish. A spritz of Tom Ford‘s Sahara Noir seals the deal!
Look #2: 10 Crosby Derek Lam blazer
Go for poppy prints with this blazer by 10 Crosby Derek Lam. Add on Frame Denim‘s white leather tux stripe jeans, Gianvito Rossi pumps and sleek gold hoops. For beauty- try a smoky eye by NARS, silver mani and nude lips!
Look #3: Karl Lagerfeld vintage (only 1 left in stock!)
Dig into fashion history with this Karl Lagerfeld vintage blazer. Sex it up with a Bailey 44 leather crop top and Halston Heritage leather pants (sale alert!). Bring on the pretty with these gorgeous Sergio Rossi heels. Heavenly. Finish it all off with some cheeky perfume by Colette, wine hued lips and gold tips.
And The Award Goes To: Best Dressed 2014 NAACP Nominees
1. 2014 Best Dressed NAACP Nominees1 of 15
2. Kerry Washington glimmers in a Vivienne Westwood gown.2 of 15
3. Michael Kors helped Kerry steal our fashion hearts away.3 of 15
4. A baby bump has never looked more gorgeous!4 of 15
5. Nia Long reminds us all that 40's are definitely the new 20's. Yowsers!5 of 15
6. No best dressed list is complete without Mr. GQ himself. Idris does sexy like no other man.6 of 15
7. Nia remixes the LBD with mesh inserts and we adore it.7 of 15
8. Being a mom or two has not stopped Nia from bringing the sexy. #HotMama8 of 15
9. Brandy isn't afraid to show off her legs.9 of 15
10. Go big or go home! We agree Brandy.10 of 15
11. No one does fresh vibrant skin like Brandy.11 of 15
12. Omari Hardwick could wear a potato sack & we'd still swoon!12 of 15
13. We love Taraji P. Henson and her fun sense of style.13 of 15
14. We're green with a little envy for this cocktail number.14 of 15
15. A LBD that reveals no signs of aging for Taraji.15 of 15
GET THE LOOK: Chrisette Michele’s Printed Etro Suit was originally published on hellobeautiful.com